App to pitch bend a vocal without "chipmunk" artifacts?

brassplyer

Is there an app that will let you bend a vocal say as much as a whole step without changing the basic character of the voice? I've been trying it with pitch bend in Soundforge but the results haven't been what I'm looking for.

Thanks.

I'm looking at the trial version of Melodyne - definitely does the job. However it doesn't seem to play well with my version of Soundforge as a VST plugin. It comes up but there's no waveform graphic. I've got Soundforge8.

I'm looking at the trial version of Melodyne - definitely does the job. However it doesn't seem to play well with my version of Soundforge as a VST plugin. It comes up but there's no waveform graphic. I've got Soundforge8.

What version of Melodyne?

With Editor or Assistant (I think it is called) you insert Melodyne VST on a track and basically export to it. Hit 'Transfer' and write your track to it. Then you can make adjustments in real time.

It is kind of a pain in the ass, but the results are worthy...

What version of Melodyne?

With Editor or Assistant (I think it is called) you insert Melodyne VST on a track and basically export to it. Hit 'Transfer' and write your track to it. Then you can make adjustments in real time.

It is kind of a pain in the ass, but the results are worthy...
In one place it calls it Editor, in the programs folder it calls it Singletrack. When the app is open the "About" refers to it as Editor.

I get the same thing in both Cakewalk and Soundforge. The interface opens but no waveform. When I hit audition I hear audio. The only time I see a waveform is when I have it open as a standalone.

Singletrack is what it will be called in programs. As a VST, it should come up as Melodyne as a VST insert. If Melodyne as I know it, it pulls up another screen. You then click on the 'Transfer' button. Then you can work within Melodyne.

You will not see a waveform in Melodyne until you basically export the track to it.

In Cubase, I have to set locators and play in real time to Melodyne. Then it reads it and will play back with it's abilities in real time as a VST insert. It is a completely separate program from your DAW.

Again, not sure what the demo does.

Singletrack is what it will be called in programs. As a VST, it should come up as Melodyne as a VST insert. If Melodyne as I know it, it pulls up another screen. You then click on the 'Transfer' button. Then you can work within Melodyne.

You will not see a waveform in Melodyne until you basically export the track to it.
What steps do you take to export the track to melodyne - just hit transfer?

Back