Anyone using the Lexicon Omega?

heem6

I'm getting ready to move into the 21st Century. :D

I've been using a Yamaha 4-track cassette studio for the last decade and a half, and am more than ready to go digital.

I'm not a computer geek, but I'm not illiterate, either. However, I know myself and I know I'll have little or no patience for debugging software, configuring stuff or having to read a manual for three days to figure out how to navigate the GUI.

As far as is humanly possible, I would like to just plug in and start recording.

My rig is: POD 2.0, Alesis drum machine and microphone. My desktop is a Pentium III and has around a 180mb's of RAM.

I'm thinking the Lexicon Omega would be my best choice, since it's all hardwired together already, has four simultaneous inputs and mic preamps built-in. Plus, it's pretty inexpensive.

I wonder if anyone else here is using this unit, and if they think it's appropriate for what I'm looking for. Also any general reviews would be appreciated. Thanks!

Lex

You should be fine in my opinion....I have been using it with my pc for about two years now without any problem. You're right for the money it's pretty hard to beat. Problem is it's not the most popular set up - are people scared?
yeah it's odd looking but trust me. I do voice over stuff, station imaging, and for me it's pretty cool. I'm rocking pc with 512, adobe audition, MXL 990 (plus an sm57and other condensers like an RE 20, samson compressor, presonus pre amp, behringer dualfex pro es 2200, roland 606, alesis drum machine, motif 6, stanton table top cd player, marantz 660 recorder and other stuff...
got a yamaha 10/2 mixer still in the box(got it the same time I got the Lexicon Omega and have yet to lay it into the chain) ---- I like the idea of the small space that the Lex requires.....holla

I use to use it as well. It's great, I don't really have time to review it, but I'll just say it works perfect for recording live shows with a laptop. It's definatly worth the money.

I purchased mine the end of Dec 2005..I am still in the learning process of the Cubase LE it program that came with it. So far I like it. We will see. It fit my budget and is space saving. :)

Back