Anyone using a Delta 1010 on Windows 2000?

Emeric

Just curious because all my hardware and software is now supported by W2K so I thought I'd give it a shot. Yes I'm a hypocrite, 98lite does work fine for me - curious to try W2K experimentally. Wondering what problems to expect with the BETA drivers currently offered.

Thanks for any info.

Different OS's

Windows ME is the upgrade path for windows 98
Windows 2000 is the upgrade path for Windows NT

Thanks anyways though!

I have used My Delta 1010 in windows 2000 and although the operating system is very stable there is a latency in the system that adds some degree of latency to the Delta 1010s Asio drivers.
To be Totally glitch free in win98 using 24 tracks of audio with plugins etc. I need to set the latency at 25 ms.
In win 2000 It needs to be 40 ms.
Midimans WDM drivers work well but the latency issue needs to be adressed.
How much latency are you able to work with in win98 and what hardware does your computer consist of???
Jordy.

I'm not sure what my latency is in win98-lite with the delta 1010, but it wasn't noticable. It's less than 60mS. Same with W2K. I am having stability problems in 2000 though - these are attributed to the beta drivers though.

PIII 800, 256MB, 7200RPM's, 440BX

The m-audio website in the faq says their delta cards (except audiophile) will function with their beta driver in windows 2000. But they won't work on a dual processor machine.

-drew

thanks

i'll remember that. never heard of a specific chipset before. is that something that i should know or is it more for the computer-lover?

guhlenn ;)

You should know about chipsets if you are building a DAW.
Read this. http://www.prorec.com/prorec/articles.nsf/files/diydaw
Keep in mind that some new athlon chipsets work flawlessly with some DAW configurations. I have 2 Delta 1010's in my athlon PC and it works very well. I have the VIA KT-133 chipset. Just make sure it is specifically stated that your proposed hardware will work with a given chipset/OS/Hardware configuration.
Hope this helps.

Back