Anyone use Audiophile 24/96???

Fishybob

Hi, I've seem that this card is advertised as 4 in 4 out... I've counted the sockets and that just aint happening!

Do they mean that you can use the spdif in/outs as well as the audio in/outs???

Or is it strickly one or the other??

That is So cool! Sorry to sound like a teenage girl... :p

I've had mine for about 2 years and it never even occured to me!

I've just got my sticky mits on a Focusrite Penta... looks like I'll be going for the SPdif connector too so I can free up space to go from my Guitar multi fx stereo out!

Oh the possibilities!!

Thanks for that :D

That card is great. I did a concert a few weeks ago that I recorded and people were amazed by the sound we had.

yeah i love my audiophile 2496 as well, the only problem is the little amount of i/o's. so im going to have to upgrade (recording drums is IMPOSSIBLE without multiple i/o's -_-). the cool thing is is u can, from what ive heard, combine delta cards to work with one another, so if i pick up a delta 66, i can make them work together to have 5 analog i/o's. :) lets hope that process works when i pick one of those up lol

The audiophile 24/96 sounds great - and as long as you are only recording yourself, or you are willing to record a band one or at the most two instruments at a time it works great. Basically you are getting two analog recording inputs, one midi, and one SPDIF, that's the four inputs. In order to use the SPIDF you need to be running through something that already has a AD\DA converter like an effects box or a dedicated covnverter before you can use it. The SPDIF needs a digital signal coming in.

Back