anyone heard of montego?

I have one installed as I type. I use it for the H/R.com audio chat function. It's quieter than the SoundBlaster.
Quite acceptable for learning the ins and outs (sorry about that) of digital audio recording AND MIDI, since this card has a MIDI synth that compares favorably to the SB entry.
The only real gripe I have are those horrible miniplug connectors. Real cards have at least RCA and preferably 1/4" or XLR connections for the analog ins and outs in addition to one or more of the 3 main digital alternatives.
But the Montego is a great card for the price.

The Montego II is what I first started on when I was just getting into computer recording. That was only a few months ago and now I am moving on to much bigger and better things. It was great to start out with, since it has midi in and out and audio, plus is comes with some (cheesy) general midi patches. It was enough to give me the bug.
I think I bought it new for $50(or less) as Fry's.
It allows you to play back while you are recording plus control external midi device simultaneously! Great stuff for the money, but be careful...once you figure out it's limitations you'll want to upgrade your entire system.
I just bought the Echo Layla, and a Midisport4X4 and...
Good luck.

Back