anyone heard of DAWBOX??

Aaron Cheney

Favorite Chord: C 6/9
I'm considering purchasing a DAW from dawbox.com. Anyone everd dealt w/ them, or have a recommendation?

They seem pretty decent at the outset, but I'm hoping to get the opinion of someone that's dealt w/ them from the other side of the purchase.

Thanks
Aaron
http://www.aaroncheney.com

Aaron:

Yes. Have a rack mounted PIII 1000 815e chipset 512meg 98se OS 40/60 GIG removable Cuda HD API dual head Plextor running PARIS.

Justin Lynch

Remarkable, Remarkable, Remarkable. Totally Pro A+++. Justin's support and follow-up has been second to none and the computer has performed flawlessly as have all of Justin's suggestions ( ie. API dual over the Matrox - go figure, but he was right).

Highly recommend and VERY fairly priced. I have 5 computers and want to track and mix music and V/O. Very well worth the meager additional cost for DAWBOX to build instead of myself. Completely satisfied.

Good luck.

Brian

Last edited:
MrCarl

talking about support ... I tried twice to obtain the password they require to configure one's own system on their website --- I haven't heard back so I guess they ignore me at dawbox.com. A friend of mine tried a while ago and also had trouble obtaining that same little piece of important information.

I hope they're better at supporting customers than at winning customers ...

Just contacted Justin, and I hope he responds to you in the same manner that he has to me. He has been stellar and extremely helpful in my experience. I hope both you and your friend are treated with the same consideration. I know we don't live in a perfect world.............but you both deserve a response. I am sure there is a problem, however, acknowledgement is definitely in order. I hope Justin comes thru for you, he always has for me. Good luck.

Brian

for what it's worth, I did end up purchasing a DAWBOX. The transaction was not flawless, but Justin was very quick to make things right. My DAWBOX was short 1 hard drive. I called him and he sent one right away, formatted and all ready to go.
I know he's in the middle of moving his shop to a new location, so that could be why he's not responding as quickly as he otherwise might.
My experience overall has been a good one so far. He seems like a decent guy, and I think his product/ pricing/ service is great. I will consider him for my next computer, whenever that is.

Aaron
http://www.voodoovibe.com

Back