Anyone doing audio benchmarks?

Gary B

I'm kinda tired of looking at benchmarks at Anandtech and such sites and trying to figure out which ones pertain to me and my DAW concerns. Most deal with business stuff, graphics, and games.

Any sites out there that benchmark and test CPU's, MOBO'S, Video cards, Sound Cards, Operating Systems, etc., using audio apps and functions? Sure would be handy.

Sup...There's a program that can benchmark every aspect of your system called SiSoft Sandra..check it out at .. http://www.3bsoftware.com/products/prod_sandra.htm
It gives you info on EVERY component on your system...If you're just interested in the audio aspect, I have the ECHO audio
analyzer...basically what it does is tests your sound card configuration and gives you a detailed analysis of what it's capable of doing and give you tips on ways to improve it...If you want it I could send it to you..It's only 250 kbs...holla at me and let me know if you want it..

what is this ECHO analyzer ??? I did a google search on it and found nothing. - sounds interesting though, but is it any better than Sisoft on the audio ??
bizz

the ECHO reporter just runs a quick test on your hard drive to to see how many tracks you can record at one time without dropout..and it's also a way to see if your hardware is compatible with the ECHO line of soundcards (This is an obvious marketing ploy to sell soundcards by ECHO, but it's a useful small and fast utility to let you know what your system is capable of) SiSoft Sandra is the best system anylyzer there is. It gives you detailed info on your Motherboard, Memory, Sound Card, etc as well as benchmarks for your hard drive, memory, etc .....If you want it, PM me and I'll let you know where to get a *"trial" version of the program. 8-)

Tomshardware.com did a lot of tests on the SB Audigy when it came out. Sadly, most hardware sites don't add information for audio enthusiasts at all. I wrote a long email to Tom's about this, but did not receive a reply.

the ECHO reporter just runs a quick test on your hard drive to to see how many tracks you can record at one time without dropout..and it's also a way to see if your hardware is compatible with the ECHO line of soundcards (This is an obvious marketing ploy to sell soundcards by ECHO, but it's a useful small and fast utility to let you know what your system is capable of) SiSoft Sandra is the best system anylyzer there is. It gives you detailed info on your Motherboard, Memory, Sound Card, etc as well as benchmarks for your hard drive, memory, etc .....If you want it, PM me and I'll let you know where to get a *"trial" version of the program. 8-)

Back