Anybody have an 18i20? I need help with headphone and monitoring issue.

undrgrnd studio

Hey, hoping someone has some advice. I've got a gen 1 Scarlett 18i20, running on an iMac. Here's the deal. I just added 8 more channels with an adat connected ADA8200. Should be no big deal. However, I'm having some weird things happening with my monitoring and headphone outputs. The monitor "mute" control now mutes the headphone output as well as the monitors. You can imagine that being a big problem. Now I can't track anything unless the monitors are on. Also, sometime there will be no output at all, and then if I mute and unmute, the sound will work on the monitors. Every hear of anything like this?

Have you checked the routing for the ADAT inputs in the Mix Control software, to insure it's going to the right outputs?

I have a Saffire Pro 26 and ADA8200, so I'll have to give this a test later. (I guess I often just turn the monitor level down all the way and don't use the mute button much, especially if set up mobile, where I don't have any monitors connected!)

I am given to understand that F'rites Mix Control can be tricky to use? I also understand that it was re-vamped and improved for the Gen ll devices and, even better you can download it for Gen1 devices?

But, if all software solutions fail all you need is a 4 pole switch in a tin to O/C the feed to each monitor. Or, buy a basic Monitor Controller.

Dave.

Haven't been on this forum for a while, so I missed this.. ecc83 is correct, you have to use MixControl to set it up, and MixControl is a PITA.

Back