Anybody Got A Similar Soundcard/mixer Setup Like Mine?

ok here are my settings......

on the first screen, i checked off all the stereo gangs....no checks in none of the mutes or solos.....all sliders pushed to max.....all pan sliders pushed to hard left and right....

in the patchbay/router, on the left side H/W In 1/2...on the right, Monitor mixer

in Hardware settings, selected Internal Xtal, 44,100 , reset rate when idle, single and in sync, and -10dbv....20ms buffer.....

spdif set to consumer and #1ap checked......

the main outs of your mixer should go to the line in RCA's of the Audiophile....from the line outs of the card to your monitors.....

go into Start/Settings/Control Panel/system/device manager and then click on computer...see if any other devices are on the same IRQ as the Audiophile.......

also, what size/speed hard drive do you have and how much space is there on it.....

lots of questions and some of them were probably already asked, but bear with me.....

also, hook your monitoring headphones straight to the Audiophiles line in so we can rule out the mixer.....

if you are hearing a clean signal go thru as you are recording, then the problem can therefore not be in the card itself...it must lie with the hard drive, irq issue, buffer issue, driver issue...if it is not one of these 4 problems, ill be highly surprised.....

with the headphones, change the patchbay router to where both are on monitor mixer....then play one of the files that are distorting....while the file is playing, open up your delta control panel and look at the meter under Wave Out 1/2....where is the level?......

Gidge said:
also, hook your monitoring headphones straight to the Audiophiles line in so we can rule out the mixer.....

if you are hearing a clean signal go thru as you are recording, then the problem can therefore not be in the card itself...it must lie with the hard drive, irq issue, buffer issue, driver issue...if it is not one of these 4 problems, ill be highly surprised.....
when i record into my soundcard with the headphone plugged in, i still get pops and clicks.either playing my guitar into the mike or dubbing a cassette. i also played back a wav i did earlier with pops and clicks and it still has them.
also
1-it has it's own irq(#5)
2-i have the buffer set on 512 samples at 44,100khz
3-i have the latest drivers (from the german site)
4-i have a maxtor 7200 20 gig h-drive with 8.5 gigs free. i have run defrag and everything i can think of to clean it up.

i'm going to bypass my mixer and record my martin with it's preamp straight into the input.will keep ya posted.

check the meter in the Control Panel while its playing and make sure you arent clipping (hitting 0db)......

Gidge said:
check the meter in the Control Panel while its playing and make sure you arent clipping (hitting 0db)......
nope, i had the meter hitting at around 12 but not in the yellow much or red.

i also went straight in with the martin and it was harder to hear cause there wasen't much vol control or preamping going on. but what i heard it sounded better with hardly a pop or click.

then i did vocals and a guitar both on seperate tracks using my beringher mixer. it wasen't as noisy as before but still there were dropouts.

i have fears it may be this mixer. and it's less than 3 months old.
i bought it ahead thinking this would be my mixer. so far,it sounds guilty. but i have no other way to do a full fledged recording without it. i'll need preamps. anybody wanna trade?
jw

put it up on ebay....those fools will probably give you more than you paid for it.....

Gidge said:
put it up on ebay....those fools will probably give you more than you paid for it.....
sooo,gidge what do you reccomend for a preamp/breakout box to go with my AP2496 just for recording vocals and guitar on two tracks? i will overdub the rest of the stuff one track at a time. of course, i'm talking cheap. i got all my money in this mixer.arrrgh!!

the latest,

well i've been recording straight into the soundcard minus the mixer. i run from my cassette deck into th ap2496 and i'm still getting the pops and clicks.WTF is up with this soundcard? after everything i've done it may not like my AMD processor.

what do ya thinK?

Aw, let's not poke a stick at the AMD or mobo unless there's a compatabilty issue with the chipset. I thought he'd been through that already though. :confused:

I also thought all those K7 and K7e chips were ok with M-audio.

well it certainly works with my AMD and Abit mobo but to what quality though? is noise acceptable be the question.

oh btw guys,i just re-upped with n-track with the 24 bit version.
still waiting for my reg numbers to come in but no more demo.

also as you know there is no connector(on the ap2496) to use my cdrom drive's to playback anything i burn on them. will i be screwin crap up even more by putting my old soundcard back in to handle this task?

jw

He has an ABIT KT7A-Raid board which is why I got involved in the post in the first place cause I too have an ABIT KT7A-Raid w/ a delta series card (Deltaa66/Omni Studio) and am experiencing none of these playback problems UNLESS I try to use Nuendo...

so I stay away from the Delta & ASIO together...

WDM and MME for me and clear sailing now...

BTW JW, you can play CD audio through your audiophile... you just set the software program's playback of CD's to be digital instead of analog.

jdechant said:
He has an ABIT KT7A-Raid board which is why I got involved in the post in the first place cause I too have an ABIT KT7A-Raid w/ a delta series card (Deltaa66/Omni Studio) and am experiencing none of these playback problems UNLESS I try to use Nuendo...

so I stay away from the Delta & ASIO together...

WDM and MME for me and clear sailing now...

BTW JW, you can play CD audio through your audiophile... you just set the software program's playback of CD's to be digital instead of analog.

thanks again jd, when i cut a REAL track i'm gonna save it and burn it and play it on a regular cd player to make sure it's only on playback. right now i'm taking 1 step up and 3 backwards.

Last edited:
well i just got my cd turned back on and it is playing cd's poping,jerking,all kinds a crap. same with mp3's. this is totally unbelievable.

hey jd, do you have a seperate hard drive you record to?

opinion:

the use of Raid boards increases your chances of incompatabilities.....

im stumped here, especailly not being there with the machine....it isnt a long drive to Houston from here:D

now im starting to lean towards a hard drive issue....im pretty dumb as far as hard drive/motherboard issues....i know there are settings you can tweak to help you out.....

Im pretty sure the guy that can help you out if it is the motherboard or hard drive settings.....Slackmaster2K....and im pretty sure he wont want your tape so you can still send it to me:D .....gotta get you going before Friday...im leaving for Disney World....

ok, dumb question....i thought Raid boards were designed to use multiple hard drives at once.....do you have just one......to anyone who knows anything on the subject, if you have just one are there any special settings you need to do?.....

i feel so stupid.....

Back