Any useful things an old wifi Ipad 1 could be utilised for in my studio?

superspit

idiots unite!
Rather than chucking in the bin, could an old ipad be used for remote vu monitoring, system control, candy crush etc etc.?? How are you using yours? There doesn't seem to be a lot of upgrades or sw available nowadays for this pad, but there might be something? Cheers.

I have an old ipad 2 and while I don't use it as a remote control, I do use these apps sometimes..

GarageBand, KORG iMS-20, and NLog PRO, for the Keyboard sounds, I'm a guitar player and using a small keyboard controller along with those apps lets me get some basic keys/pads and such without needing to buy/repair/maintain and store a half a ton of real vintage keyboards in my living room.

I also use the DM1 and FunkBox drum machine apps sometimes, as well as GuitarToolkit for tuner and metronome, and also Thereminator for the occasional odd bit of awesomeness.

Thanx Strryder, sounds like good use of the tech.!! I was thinking of a remote/monitoring application rather than storage/programs. I know the ipad 1 is quite sheet though. The nice interface saves it, for me.

There are apps out the to do things like that. If you can get it to download and install (and run...) PocketCloud, then install VNC server on your computer, you'll have the whole desktop right there. My iPhone4 wouldn't do it the last time I tried, but you might get lucky. It's not as slick as some of the other dedicated DAW control apps, and there's some lag sometimes, but for just pushing Play, Record, Stop and other basic functions it works well enough.

Back