Any point in upgrading audio interface?

M-Bass-M

I mostly use my home studio for mixing tracks that have been recorded elsewhere. Other than adding my own guitar / keyboards, I don't think I'll ever be in a situation where I'll need multiple inputs that often come with more expensive audio interfaces.

However, are there other reasons why it would be advantageous to upgrade - for example better processing capacity? I currently have an MBox Pro 2, but could potentially upgrade, and I'm wondering if there's any point given that I'll mostly be using it for mixing.

Cheers

Mark

Processing happens in the audio software, not the sound card, so I'm sure what you have now is perfectly fine. If you have the itch to upgrade something, consider improving the acoustics of your room. That actually does make a real difference.

--Ethan

Well if you're recording tracks such as guitars and keyboards as stated then you'll also have the a/d conversion of the interface to consider. It is definitely possible to improve on those converters in the Mbox 2.

Cool

Bloody hell... I just realised that in all the years I have bee registered here and reading threads etc I have never actually posted. :-)

Back