any comments on aardvark's 24/96 I'm about to buy?

bill elder

Is there a better bang for the buck. This ark 24/96 seems to have most everything I need, pre amps, reverb, eq, phantom power. Is there something i'm not thinking of or a better deal out there that doesn't need an external mixer?

ive had the DP2496 for about a year and a half now and i dont know what i would have dove w/out it. i never use the reverb or any of the dsp effects on board. ive just always opted to do all of that in the software that i use. the only gripes that ive got are 1: no volume control for the headphone output and 2: they still dont have working WIN 2K drivers out yet. but other than that, i love it and would definately buy aardvark again. the only other serious card i might consider would the m audio "omni studio" card. GREAT driver support! http://www.midiman.com/maudio/html/products/omnistud.htm
sweetwater has the DP2496 for 499.00(US) and the m audio bundle for 399.99(US)
my 2 cents worth.

So the ark 24-96 doesn't have win 2k drivers? That seems odd or do they have just a few that need to be downloaded?

Aark has a Windows 2000 beta driver, but I just read the "known issues" list, and it looks like a beta that I won't be trying...

If you're using 98SE or Me, the 5.14 drivers work great.

See for yourself:

http://aardvark-pro.com/downloads.html

Queue

( I like my 24/96, but would consider an OmniStudio if I were shopping now, they weren't out when I bought my AARK. )

so far the WIN 2K driver is pretty useless, maybe just to be able to hear stuff with. you can record through it but thats about it. i need the midi functions and it doesnt have ins w/ that driver. i totally agree w/ queue that it runs like a dream in 98se and me. i use ME and havent had any trouble w/ it. it does all that it says it does in the ads. the reverb is not the greatest though, thats why i dont use it. the omni does NOT have any midi. that is the only draw back i see for it. this card was not available when i was looking either. OK i'll stop.

Back