Antares Autotune 8 vs Melodyne Studio 4

songsj

Is one better than the other or are they just different. Each works better in different situations etc?

I haven't used Anteres since like 1998. Can't give a comparative answer. I have seen reviews that say Melodyne is more natural, but a pain in the ass to use for some. Melodyne works great for me.

Try demos and make your own decision. :)

I'm not crazy about this iLok crap for these programs. Again the pirates just make it hard for the honest people.

Ilok is just a necessary annoyance because of the past ability of others to easily pirate shit. It made software for the honest folks more expensive.

I have learned to get over it and just accept it. It not that big of deal really... Just a few bucks to make sure your software is legit. And updates for your software happens easily.

Ilok is just a necessary annoyance because of the past ability of others to easily pirate shit. It made software for the honest folks more expensive.

I have learned to get over it and just accept it. It not that big of deal really... Just a few bucks to make sure your software is legit. And updates for your software happens easily.

I suppose, I'm just an old guy trying to make music and I get testy when new things come along that are a nuisance or inconvenience and have nothing to do with creating or recording music. Just more hoops to jump through. If iLok was the one and only then okay but Waves has Waves Central and then there is ilok and some still want proprietary dongles. It's just one more pain it the butt the little guy does not need. I like to create, record and mix. I do NOT enjoy updating, configuring and trouble shooting my system. If everything was plug and play I would be a happy guy. Not in the world of recording. Sometimes I feel like my system is engineering me instead of the other way around. When you don't do this full time and for a living it should be fun and my free time is at a premium.

Back