amp simulator to skype

Kandonas

I have an usb guitar interface and i like to play on guitar rig 5 amp simulator.Is there any way to hook up guitar rig on skype,discord,teamspeak , so others can hear my guitar rig output sound and i could hear it too?Thanks.

Hi,

Some routing software like soundflower or SoundSiphon should do the job.
It's can be a bit awkward setting up but those act as a pair of virtual inputs/outputs inside your computer.

The difficulty is that it relies on your DAW being able to speak to two 'interfaces' at one time,
but if you can work that out set up a session as normal so you can hear yourself, then set up a send or parallel output to Soundflower, for example.
Next, set soundflower as the input for your comms software.

You might be able to find an audio highjack app that will highjack your master output (what you hear) and route it to Soundflower. That would maybe be simpler than the first option.

It might sound OTT but a hardware alternative would be to run Guitar Rig on a laptop, if you have one handy, and just run its output to your other computer's input.
That way there's no need for software routing complications - Just plug in and go.

To go any deeper, please tell us what hardware you have available to you and what software/operating system you're running.

Last edited:
Back