Is this all I need?

Don't buy the Art. The ART Tube MP suffers from inexcusably high noise floor. I have never heard that about any other product in ART's tube pre line. But I have heard from reliable sources that the ART Tube MP itself (the cheapest in the line of pres) has noise to deal with. I'm not saying it sounds bad. Those sources that informed me of the noise floor also said the pre sounds phenomenal for $100. You'd probably be better off spending the same amount of money and getting a Behringer MX602A which is a six channel mixer at $100. It has two mic pres built in. While they are solid state and aren't exactly world class, it is mostly guaranteed they will be much quieter than ART's cheap tube circuitry. I haven't heard anything about the new studio version of the Tube MP though. Maybe it's better. The way to tell the difference is it has a VU meter on it. But check into the Behringer. More bang for the buck and way more functionality in different situations. You could keep two mics, a keyboard or drum machine, and POD all connected permanently to your PC with that little baby. Just use it to activate whichever ones you want to record. You might also consider the Jomeek VC3.

Back