Alesis MultiMix 8 FireWire?

flat1ine

Just a quick question -

Has anyone used an Alesis FireWire mixer?

I'm very curious to know if the Firewire connection would be able to send each channel individually. For example, if i wanted to run channel 1 on the mixer to channel 1 in Audition, and simultaniously record channel three on the mixer to channel 3 in Audition, could this unit handle it?

I'm assuming it can't due to it's price and the fact that the specs don't specifically mention it, but then again, the specs are vague and information's scarce.

Most likely, the Firewire connection lumps all the channels together, but it'd be badass if that wasn't the case.

Anything anyone knows will be very much appreciated - my Yamaha M508's starting to show it's age.

Thanks.

inquiring minds want to know

flat1ine said:
Just a quick question -

Has anyone used an Alesis FireWire mixer?

I'm very curious to know if the Firewire connection would be able to send each channel individually. For example, if i wanted to run channel 1 on the mixer to channel 1 in Audition, and simultaniously record channel three on the mixer to channel 3 in Audition, could this unit handle it?

I'm assuming it can't due to it's price and the fact that the specs don't specifically mention it, but then again, the specs are vague and information's scarce.

Most likely, the Firewire connection lumps all the channels together, but it'd be badass if that wasn't the case.

Anything anyone knows will be very much appreciated - my Yamaha M508's starting to show it's age.

Thanks.

To my knowledge, this product has not been released yet. I, and I'm sure many others have the same question. I think it's going to be a yes. I'm especially curious about sound quality though.

JD

Don't quote me on this, but when I did a search for the Multi-mix 8USB in the Alesis forum, I read that it reduces all input into a stereo output. So, if you were recording 4 drum mikes, you would get a left and right output into your computer.

I assume that this means the USB version will record two channels at once. Can someone double-check this?

I imagine the Firewire version (if it exists) will be able to do the same or better.

Back