AISO drivers for Audigy1, or latency hack?

Starstreams

ASIO drivers for Audigy1, or latency hack?

This is probably not possible but I’ll give it a shot anyway.

I would like to temporally use my default Audigy sound card for doing work in Logic audio and Sonar until I can get a real studio card like an M-audio or Tascam.
Consumer cards like my Audigy have Latency so you can not edit a sound waveform in real time not to mention you’ll get Midi sync errors because these consumer cards can’t handle true multi tracks as you know.

My Question is:
Is there some way to get a custom AISO driver for an Audigy 1 card?
Or is there some kind of hack I can do to the settings of the driver from with in windows to get a straight-through real time signal from my instruments?

It’s my understanding that that reason consumer cards have latency is because the sound is being converted from 44.100 hz to something else for the sound to be compatible with desktop speakers, I forget what the hz number is.
The point is that this conversion that takes place is what makes consumer gaming cards have latency issues when it comes to music studio work.
True studio sound cards do not convert the signal which is why they have accurate real time metering capabilities.

Basically I’m wondering if anyone here happens to know of a setting or even a driver that kind of works like the AISO zero latency drivers mentioned above? Or maby a hack of some kind?

Thanks

Last edited:
Starstreams said:
It’s my understanding that that reason consumer cards have latency is because the sound is being converted from 44.100 hz to something else for the sound to be compatible with desktop speakers, I forget what the hz number is.
The point is that this conversion that takes place is what makes consumer gaming cards have latency issues when it comes to music studio work.
True studio sound cards do not convert the signal which is why they have accurate real time metering capabilities.

No, its because Creative cannot write decent drivers.

By the way, after reading that like, I'm not really clear on what a kX-compatible soundcard is? kX must be the driver right?

I was able to get that ASIO4ALL driver to work at the link I posted, I mean it loads fine in Logic 5.5.1 and I had to convert my saved files to AISO, but I still notice very bad latency when viewing the "Arrange Region window where you make edits to your signal in a wave form manner.

Could be just a matter of tweaking but I'm not sure just yet, either way I'm getting an M-Audio or Tascam real soon.

Starstreams said:
By the way, after reading that like, I'm not really clear on what a kX-compatible soundcard is? kX must be the driver right?

I was able to get that ASIO4ALL driver to work at the link I posted, I mean it loads fine in Logic 5.5.1 and I had to convert my saved files to AISO, but I still notice very bad latency when viewing the "Arrange Region window where you make edits to your signal in a wave form manner.

Could be just a matter of tweaking but I'm not sure just yet, either way I'm getting an M-Audio or Tascam real soon.
Kx is a driver for E-Mu synth based cards, which would be the entire line of creative cards from the SB Live! (I used to use it with my Live! Value, to about 30 ms latency on an XP 1800+ and Via chipset) all the way up to the Audigy 2 (Not sure about later versions like the NX). I think it only works on PCI cards, not the USB versions.

It replaces Windows default drivers or the Creative drivers. Note there is no warranty on the card if you use third-party drivers and happen to bork the card.

I loved the drivers, they were leagues ahead of say, m-Audio drivers. The hardware wasn't great but the driver offered a huge amount of control over the onboard synth and effects, as well as opening up possibilities for routing.

Back