AHHHH (Pulling My Hair Out)

fuzzsniffvoyage

So I have a drummer coming over to track some drums tomorrow, so I'm trying to get everything ready, and nothing is working correctly........

Sonar X3 Producer was having huge latency issues, fixed after about 2 hrs.

Monitoring wasn't happening, fixed after another hour or so, the mains were not assigned to the Tascam US-1800.

and my iPad control app V Control Pro isn't working at all......was working the last time I used it, duh.

iPad is showing on my wireless network, computer is showing on the network, they just won't work. Been on the Neyrinck web site for hours, reinstalling the NeYfi program, the app on my iPad. Can't seem to find the Bonjour on the computer, trying to download it. Recommended on the Neyrinck support site.

And to top it all off, my recording PC has some sort of bug that's slowing down the internet connection big time.......working fine on my laptop that I use for general internet stuff.....

I should have done all this shit yesterday......

You definitely need the Bonjour crap. It comes with iTunes.

I have nothing good to say about iTunes or Bonjovi or whatever.

I removed them from my PC's long ago. Same bullshit with updating constantly and slowing down of PC.

Get rid of that crap IMO.

Oh yeah, you can't as you are using Apple products.

So much for Mac stuff being more stable huh? It is the Apple stuff that has not ever worked for me. Anything with an 'I' before it makes me cringe. I am a PC tho. lol

Best of luck to ya. :)

The Bonjour was disabled........took me hours to figure it out.

The V Control Pro iPad app lets me control Sonar (or just about any DAW) wireless. Comes in useful for transport control.

Well, hopefully you're back up and running. We all sure picked a complicated hobby, didn't we?

That remote app looks really cool. I'm growing tired of squinting to see what I'm clicking from across the room while tracking.

Well, hopefully you're back up and running. We all sure picked a complicated hobby, didn't we?

That remote app looks really cool. I'm growing tired of squinting to see what I'm clicking from across the room while tracking.

Back up and running. What I like about the app is I can adjust mics while listening, muting and soloing channels and what not, very convenient.

I've got TouchDAW, but it also runs on Bonjour...Nice for having transport controls nearby when you're clear across the room at the drum kit or whatever...And a touch screen tablet for multi-touch fader control doesn't hurt either. :D

Did I read correctly on the op that you also had a latency issue with the US1800? I have one using with Sonar X3 and so far the latency mrales impossible for me to record additional tracks. I come from using a Roland VM 3100 into a RCP pci card which had no latency.

If you fixed your latency issue would you share how you did it? Thanks for any help.

It would be worth starting a new thread. There are several US1800 owners here, they can probably help you sort out your problems. But they probably won't find you buried at the tail end of a 4-month old thread.

Did I read correctly on the op that you also had a latency issue with the US1800? I have one using with Sonar X3 and so far the latency mrales impossible for me to record additional tracks. I come from using a Roland VM 3100 into a RCP pci card which had no latency.

If you fixed your latency issue would you share how you did it? Thanks for any help.

Oh yeah, I got the latency fixed. Not sure what I did though, four months ago.......I'm sure I reinstalled the drivers and adjusted the settings in the preferances in Sonar.

The drummer never did show.

a different drummer is aledgely comming over tomorrow, my money is on he won't.

Oh yeah, I got the latency fixed. Not sure what I did though, four months ago.......I'm sure I reinstalled the drivers and adjusted the settings in the preferances in Sonar.

The drummer never did show.

a different drummer is aledgely comming over tomorrow, my money is on he won't.

Sounds like it's time to hire Mr. Toontrack or Mr. Steven Slate as your drummer!

Sounds like it's time to hire Mr. Toontrack or Mr. Steven Slate as your drummer!

I have Easy/Superior drummer, and the drummers that came in the Sonar box. While they do sound good. It's just not the same as dealing with a bonifide crazy person. (All drummers are crazy to some degree.):wtf:

I also find it difficult to use those programs.:cool:

I have a ZOOM R-16 I use for onsite recording then dump the recording into Reaper on my MacBook Pro. Never lets me down, never any configuration problems, always works the same. I've been dogged about not recording with computer DAW but after months of problems I'm sticking to my Zoom until I can get a Thunderbolt interface. I'm told that eliminates all these problems. My experience has always been much easier, better with APPLE products. Always try the Windows units to save money and always end up selling them to get the APPLE product. Did it with Galaxy, went to iPad; Dell w/Windows 8, went back to my 5 year old MacBook Pro.

I have a ZOOM R-16 I use for onsite recording then dump the recording into Reaper on my MacBook Pro. Never lets me down, never any configuration problems, always works the same. I've been dogged about not recording with computer DAW but after months of problems I'm sticking to my Zoom until I can get a Thunderbolt interface. I'm told that eliminates all these problems. My experience has always been much easier, better with APPLE products. Always try the Windows units to save money and always end up selling them to get the APPLE product. Did it with Galaxy, went to iPad; Dell w/Windows 8, went back to my 5 year old MacBook Pro.

Nice for you. I, on the other hand, have only used Windows products for recording and never really had the slightest issue...

Neither computing world (Apple/Windows) are without its pitfalls. I do find, though, that the majority of Apple users are oblivious to this common fact (until it finally happens to them). Like jimmys said, I ran as far and as fast as I could once I ditch my iPhone a few years ago and haven't looked back. Unfortunately I occasionally have to support Apple products. People are amazed when they have issues with their Mac. They're even more amazed that sometimes there's no fix! [usually as a result of poor or non-existent third party application/driver support] lol The shock when I explain that most companies focus on the majority of the market when developing products, and Windows based PCs occupy a dominant 85+% market share. They get told stuff like "everyone's using a Mac" by friends/family/Apple Store dimwits. Because of demographics, they tend to see more Macs being used around and presume this to be true. Bubble. Burst. The only area this is true is with the iPhone and iPad, where Apple's market share (although in decline now) has been dominant. But for actually getting work done, the computing market hasn't been trending their way. Much to the dismay of Apple execs I'm sure!

This was not aimed at the OP. ;)

Back