Adjustable EQUALIZERS - DOES ANYBODY USE THEM ANYMORE?

ido1957

9K Gold Member
I'm talking custom settings not presets. I guess ITUNES has one and Windows Media has one. But iPods don't have one and MP3 Players may not either. The preset ones are sometimes pure crap.
remember when you bought an eq for your home or car stereo? And eveyone used the smiley face setting. :)

I use all outboard gear ...... got quite a few graphics and parametrics.
I don't use an iPod .... but I have an old Creative Zen and it has a custom setting where you have a mmmmm, 6 band graphic you can set like you want.

remember when you bought an eq for your home or car stereo? And eveyone used the smiley face setting. :)

It was a dark day in audio when they let the graphic eq into the hands of the general public. I used to go to friends (non-audio types) homes and see the graphic with a smiley on the left and a sad on the right, complete with flashing lights on the faders. The stereo system sounded like crap of course, used to walk up to the graphic and hit the bypass.

Fortunately the day of the graphic in the home system seems to have passed, only to be replaced with the surround sound system playing stereo CD's through a pro logic surround setting with the large cathedral reverb setting turned on. :facepalm:

Alan.

It was a dark day in audio when they let the graphic eq into the hands of the general public. I used to go to friends (non-audio types) homes and see the graphic with a smiley on the left and a sad on the right, complete with flashing lights on the faders. The stereo system sounded like crap of course, used to walk up to the graphic and hit the bypass.

Fortunately the day of the graphic in the home system seems to have passed, only to be replaced with the surround sound system playing stereo CD's through a pro logic surround setting with the large cathedral reverb setting turned on. :facepalm:

Alan.

sorta like this??..LOL
pc060066.jpg

Back