About to throw Scarlett 6i6 in the dumpster...

Ya, is it my imagination or is this a new thing that every I/O manufacturer now has this mixer that you have to use. I have a UA apollo and i HATE using it. I come from using Pro Tools for a LONG time where eveything is IN the DAW.....i shouldn't have to leave the daw to do anything. So frustrating. I understand the mixer gives flexibility....but it's freaking 2020 and it seems like we've taken a step back.

This is interesting. I bought a Mk1 8i6 a couple of years ago from Cash Gennies. I fired it up when I first had it and it seemed fine, then I went back to my NI KA6* and forgot about it except for about a month or two ago when I used it to compare the pre amps with the KA6 (little difference) Again it just worked, mic in, signal out to monitors via my Mackie BK passive controller. Back to the KA6.

THEN! I decided to do something clever with the 8i6 using the two line inputs and the Control software (dubbing tape both ways) Took me a friggin' AGE to setup monitoring but I did it. That idea was scrapped but then I tried to use the F'tite for a simple mic recording..Banjaxed! That control software is evil!

The thing is, I have read many times for years that yes, the mixer software is complex, you don't HAVE to use it. How so? Where is the "default factory setting"?

*Was going to say, just get a KA6. Superb drivers and uber low latency, no fancy mixer, just extra inputs /outs that you can ONLY set from your DAW.

Dave.

Back