Aardvark Q10

seryozha

Yeah, so i know the company is kaput, which makes me even mader, my barely used Q10 is malfunctioning. The first 2 inputs don't respond to any input. XLR or 1/4 provide no meter response. I even tried phantom power, its like the first two inputs are dead. I checked the cable and i didnt find any cuts or bent pins. All of the rest of the inputs work fine. Does anybody know if this can be repaired? And where?

you could try a guitar center, if there is one around you. or just take it apart and check for bent pins or anything like that. or send it to me and i'll check it out.
just kidding about the last one.

hope that helped

When i got my Q10, i went through 3 of them just to a unit that completely worked. First unit, channels 7-8 wouldn't work, second unit channels 3-4 were linked, input on 3 and it came out on 3 and 4; input on 4, it came out 3 and 4. And the second unit would constantly change my sampling rate, it would start at 44.1, jump to 48, then just jump randomly. Cubase hates that. I still actually have the broken second unit laying around as a giant paper weight, I was supposed to send it back to them, but they dissappeared first.

-DB

Yeah try some local shops even.

I've read a lot about the Q10s jumping sample rates...but a lot of the time i guess it ends up to be software problems of some kind. However if you tried different units david, i guess yours was doin it in the hardware somewhere...wierd. ha!

Ok, i figured i would just have to find "somebody" who new electronics to take a look at. Its my sole provider for recording so i cant simply open it up myself and take the chance of f-ing something up. Im betting it is the phantom power supply inside (i bet there are two---one for 1,2 and one for 3,4) grr..now i can only use two condensor's.

Thanks for all your responses

Back