Aardvark 20/20 and Cool Edit Pro

rockhard

Does anyone Use an Aardvark 20/20 sound card with Cool Edit Pro Version 1? I am having trouble getting CEP to recognize all of my inputs at the same time. Any Ideas?

Hi, dude. Me again.. lemme get this straight.. the inputs are all AVAILIABLE on your device list, and you CAN assign tracks as you please, but when you try to actually record, it goes crazy?

is that the story?

xoxo

That is correct. When I click on the drop down window It shows all of my input devices, but will only allow me to access one pair at a time. Cake Walk Pro audio 8 is set up the same way except it will let me hi-light as many as I have. (sorry to jump catagories on ya).

RH

can you actually assign the tracks to different pairs... so it looks like you'd be able to record 4 tracks on 4 different pairs... but then you get all those error messages when you press record?

xoxo

That is it in a nut shell. It gives the same error every time I press record. "Can not open specified wave devices for recording. Please make sure you have a full duplex audio card configuration and verify that the chosen audio devices will work together sumultaneously." As soon as I click on the OK icon the track will start to run. Recording will also begin but I will only get a signal on two of the channels. I feel like my sound card must be set up properly with windows because I have no problems recording multiple tracks in Cake Walk. I know this problem must sound crazy. It really has me stumped.

RH

thank's for all your help Camn. I am going to try to reinstall cool edit pro first, then if that doesn't work I'll try the update. I appreciate all your attention and I'll let you know how It turns out.

RH

Back