6ch S/PDIF OUT card

bitstream

I'm looking for a quality computer (PC) card, with six channels of S/PDIF digital output. I don't need any input, I don't want any analog output, I can't use ADAT or TDIF, I just want six channels of S/PDIF coax (RCA) out. I also don't want to pay more than $400 unless absolutely necessary. I wish there was a product like the Event/Echo Gina24, but with S/PDIF rather than analog & ADAT output. Does such a product exist? Thanks all.

bitstream

Would you settle for a 24-bit card with s/pdif i/o, optical toslink, and analog i/o? These would be more commonplace.

I'm trying to set up a multichannel digital audio system. If I can't get the outputs I need on one card, can I use more than one card? They would need to be precisely synchronized. My primary concerns are low jitter and a budget of about $400. I'd also like to have 24-bit output.

With regard to jitter, of the cards pcavtech.com has tested, only the LynxOne, Echo cards (Gina, Layla), DAL CardD, and some Lucid and Aardvark products I can't afford, have had "excellent" jitter ratings. Unfortunately, none of these have more than one stereo S/PDIF output.

Back