4 mic preamp USB interface options?

Still open.
I wonder what Russ56's gear would cost outside Oz. My wife bought me a Zoom R16 last year - bought it online from the US & had it shipped out. Total cost was 50% less than from local stores and all I had to buy was a plug adaptor - not even a diff. transformer as the original has a volatge switcher build in.

Hello Retro, the list street price for a RME UFX in the US is $2100, so only about $150 more than I paid in Perth, and if you add shipping and insurance it works out about the same. Plus you have warranty comeback if purchased locally. I looked at the Prism Sound Orpheus also but at $5000 was out of my price range. I was looking at the cheaper units, we had been using a Tascam older unit for the past 5 years that cost $800 at the time. It was stable all those years on Firewire. I suppose it is the combination of correct mother board, USB or Firewire chip, and drivers that give stability. I had spoken to others who tried the Tascam unit and found it caused splats and dropped out occasionally. These are no longer made. So it is good to check things like "will a USB interface designed for USB 2.2 work on USB 3 connections. Sometimes they don't even though they say it will. Also what other things are using that USB buss, like keyboard, mouse, USB dongle etc. I read is id best to assign a single USB channel to your interface not share it. Russ.

Back