From the 2496 to the 1010LT

Pier Calacino

Hello all,

I am thinking about moving up from the Audiophile 2496 to the M-Audio Delta 1010LT.
Has anyone ever done this and what is the process to do this or what problems will I run in to?

Can I just remove the 2496 and install the new 1010 card and software?

Thanks in advance.

Pier

i'm assuming thats how it will work...i plan on keeping my 24/96 and installing the delta 1010 i bought along with it in the comp. but just for the hell of it, take out the card and remove the drivers that came with the 24/96 and then install the delta 1010lt and then its drivers if you dont want to use the 24/96 anymore

Remember that you can add up to four M-Audio cards I´m not so sure if them should be the same or you can combine different models. If that´s true you won´t have problems at all, you will get two more inputs.

I have a 2496, Delta 66, and a 1010lt. I have them synced with a spdif cable. I have had success with them synced without the spdif cable in the past.

It's the same driver, if you keep the 2496, Windows should detect and install automatically if you let it (assuming latest .48a drivers already installed).
If you remove the 2496, it might be well to run the driver exe first (this only uninstalls and cleans out the driver entries), reboot and re-run the exe (this will reinstall the files only). Fit the new card and again let Windows install automatically. Finally reboot to get the Delta control panel icon loaded.

Back