1 KHz hum from computer (USB?) being picked up by guitar pickups

Kylotan

When recording guitars near my computer, there is a clear 1KHz signal being recorded via the guitar pickups. It attenuates if I move sufficiently far away from my computer, it's louder on my bass guitar (single coil pickup) than my normal guitar (active humbuckers), and it disappears if I turn the volume off on the guitar (so it's definitely coming through the guitar input, not internal to the interface or the PC). It's not really audible if I don't have much gain on my amp sim, but high gain is what I do so that's not a compromise I can make.

The place where it is noisiest is if I put the guitar right in front of the PC case (as in a few inches away) but it's unworkably loud if I'm less than 6ft from the computer. I can mitigate it a bit by turning the guitar to certain orientations.

Someone else had what looks like a similar problem here, with exactly the same tone - https://homerecording.com/bbs/gener...d-computers/annoying-usb-mixer-problem-366951 - but it's not clear they found a proper solution.

Does anybody have any suggestions for curing this, short of "get a bigger monitor and work from the other side of the room"?

(Windows PC, in a Coolermaster Silencio case, with a Focusrite Scarlett 6i6 USB audio interface.)

Back