Sweetbeats

Does anyone here know his last name...?...maybe I simple person search in the web might yield some additional contact info other than what is here at HR, if he is not replhying to PMs...?

Does anyone here know his last name...?...maybe I simple person search in the web might yield some additional contact info other than what is here at HR, if he is not replhying to PMs...?

The only link I have to him on the web is his web site which acts as a server for his images and that site is operational and served from his own home computer, so he's still got that working.

I'd assume he's just taking a brake for a while as I don't recall any issues he had with anyone here. Maybe some family issues to deal with at this time.

Like others have said here, lets think positive thoughts and hope he's able to return to the community here when he is able. ;)

Cheers! :)

I like to think that he's just doing one of his monster deck refurbs...and he won't stop to post here until he's done. :)

I have...

I have his full name and previous address.
The most recent posts he made indicated he was going thru a divorce.
Maybe in a bit of denial, stating it was only a "separation".
I do know he cares about his kids and family a lot.
Obviously he can be intensely focused and single minded about things almost to the point of OCD.
The rework projects he's done on vintage Tascams are nothing short of incredible.
Divorce can rock your world, disrupt your routines & make hobbies and internet forums seem trivial.
That's my take on it. I could be wrong. Don't know what he looks like. Never met him.
I hope he's okay & doing well. I think he may surface again with a story or two to tell.
Very similar thing about other users,... cjacek, blubear, etc. Sometimes thing change.
People may go really strong on forums for a long time, then lose interest & move on.
:spank::eek:;)

The most recent posts he made indicated he was going thru a divorce.

Divorce can rock your world, disrupt your routines & make hobbies and internet forums seem trivial.

Well that would certainly explain it. I'm sure he has way too much on his mind to bother posting right now.
Hope he comes out OK in the end...

Hey, wow, thanks everybody.

Kinda surprising to be missed.

I'm still around but all the above is pretty much spot-on.

I've been living away from home for nearly a year and have been trying to work things out but am now officially as of last week in the process of divorce. Lots of transition and the electronics projects and interest has pretty much dropped to nil.

At this point its hard to imagine being interested again, but I'll probably come back around to it at some point.

Season's Greetings to y'all and thanks for the concern. It is well-received and appreciated.

Sweetbeats,

Very happy to see you checking in here and feeling for you at the same about your personal/family struggles too.

I do hope all of that goes as smoothly as possible and that you regain your love of the gear and recording in general!

And please remember you'll always have a surrogate family here at hr.com who appreciates your participation and wishes you a merry Christmas and all the best for 2015. :)

Cheers! :)

Last edited:
Ditto what the Ghost said.

Hope y'all have a pleasant and safe festive season.

Cheers and beers,

ChrisO

Hey Cory,

Great to hear from you and to hear you're ok. Ditto to everything that's been said above. I can scarcely imagine how you might be feeling, but I just wanted you to know that as far as the time, love and dedication you've devoted to this site over the years (although my own involvement has only measured a few years), it is much respected and greatly appreciated. I read over some of your posts and they are truly inspirational in so many ways. For me they sum up everything about the human spirit. They should be held up as examples of what our educational systems should be about. I love the way you can read through some of your posts and follow a journey, usually from 'how the heck does this work' to explaining to others 'how the heck it works'. You take what you've been taught by others, what you've discovered yourself and learned along the way and then impart it in such an easy, welcoming, non-judgmental kind of way. For me, although all students have different learning styles, your affable delivery draws people in.......I'll stop waxing lyrical now.......suffice to say.....good to hear you're ok.

Al

Damn I am sorry to hear this Cory. I really wish you the very best.

Danny

I'm very sorry Cory to hear about all the family troubles. Early on in my marriage, we had a few scares but managed to work through them, and all has been relatively well since then. That was before kids were in the picture, and so I can only imagine now how difficult it must be. I echo everyone else's sentiments about how integral you've been to this online community. Your time and effort spent here is very much appreciated!

I wish you nothing but the best for the future and hope you find peace and happiness once again sooner than later.

Back