Is your tascam 32 's headphone out Hissy?

Dr ZEE

Anti-Pro Circles Insider
Mine IS. actually pretty bad... I hear hiss through phones out at half-level ... if turn the level knob all the way up - it's nearly unacceptable (also it's not from tape... the hiss is there all the time ... spin or no spin, it's just there on power-up)... :eek: . The line out is fine.
So , guys who have tascam 32. Is it the same on you machine?. Or is it just mine? ... so maybe it got some problem with headphone out amp? It's no big deal overall... does not effect the work need to be done on the machine. It just buggs my mind ;)

/respects

Dr ZEE said:
Mine IS. actually pretty bad... I hear hiss through phones out at half-level ... if turn the level knob all the way up - it's nearly unacceptable (also it's not from tape... the hiss is there all the time ... spin or no spin, it's just there on power-up)... :eek: . The line out is fine.
So , guys who have tascam 32. Is it the same on you machine?. Or is it just mine? ... so maybe it got some problem with headphone out amp? It's no big deal overall... does not effect the work need to be done on the machine. It just buggs my mind ;)

/respects

Yes. Mine is exactly like that. It sounds like a waterfall.

jpmorris said:
Yes. Mine is exactly like that. It sounds like a waterfall.
arhhhhhhhhhh ... thanks for letting me know . at least I know that there's no "hole in the ship" :p So, - another 'cheapy' hidden in 'pro' unit ;) ... still great machine thou ... :D

/respects

Back