You know you have too much gear when...

sweetbeats

Reel deep thoughts...
You find yourself not being able to remember if you still own or sold off a particular piece of gear...have a need for a mic mixer...I thought ooooo the Tascam MX-80 would be perfect. Then I thought geez wish I wouldn't have sold that off. Then I start think wait...did I sell that? And I can't remember. And my stuff is so spread out here and there I'm just going to have to wonder because if I still have it I don't know where it is.

:D

I've got excess stuff in closets...and every once in awhile I go in looking for something...and then I see another item, and I get surprised..."Oh wow, I forgot I still had that".

:laughings:

You know you have too much gear when....
You have an 'extra' 24 space rack you put up on CL cause you don't 'need' it, only to take down the listing a day later because you found more stuff you want to rack up. lol :D

When to solve a problem you buy three brand new 10' Planet Waves Modular Snake core cables, then open a box at home and discover... three 10' Planet Waves Modular Snake core cables.

In days following my original post I was thinking I still had the MX-80. I'm thinking I actually sold it. I can't find it. Kinda bummed.

I wrote a gear list for my website, but I know there is gear not on the list. I just don't know what is there, and can I be bothered going through the gear to find the gear that I don't know I have, but what if I buy something I already have because it's not on the list, oh thats OK then I'll have 2, but do I need 2? of course I need 2, maybe even 3? and where the hell am I going to put this stuff that I don't remember owning? Oh thats OK it's already lost inside the 2 story building that houses all my gear, oh and the lock up shipping container out back, oh this is all too hard, I'm a tea pot! :confused:

Alan

"I forgot" seems to work well with the wife for a lot of my purchases...... it doesn't seem to work for guitars though......

Hahah... :D

Hey, Brad...how are you these days?

I'm good!!! My wife is now two months out with a brand new kidney from her sister. It's been all about her for a while, but I'm hoping to get back in the swing of things and get back going here.... I've got a 244 and a Uher tape machine that needs my (.....and this forum's.....) attention!!

I'm playing the guitar a bit again which means I'm getting callouses over the blisters :), but I sure can't complain.... I've been popping in here and keeping up.... There's a lot of good people here.........

I was going through stuff at my studio a while back and found an 8 track Fostex Reel to Reel that I had forgotten that I even bought years ago. What a surprise !!!!

Too much gear?

I suppose my wife would say it's when I have one closet just for guitar cases. She doesn't dare look inside. She still thinks my studio is storage space in the garage.

"I forgot" seems to work well with the wife for a lot of my purchases...... it doesn't seem to work for guitars though......
No, you need a better response than "I forgot" to talk a wife into a new guitar (says the voice of experience). ;)

I'm good!!! My wife is now two months out with a brand new kidney from her sister.
Wow, that's a big deal! I hope your wife and SIL are doing well.

Back