you gotta check this one out :)

Whats real funny though is look at the question he got on shipping.

96.00 to ship all of those to Japan?
or am I reading it wrong?

Herm said:
Whats real funny though is look at the question he got on shipping.

96.00 to ship all of those to Japan?
or am I reading it wrong?
yeah. I'd guess to Japan it would be like $96 per unit :rolleyes:

Herm, while you're here...
does your band still exist... or is it only in 'flowery memories' :)?
good rokin'

/later

I cant play anymore except to mess around here with drummers headphones on cause I have lost about 65% of my hearing and have nerve damage in my arm from playing for 35 years. So its just me and once in a while I will record some friends or jam with a couple of buddies of mine. I still practice for a few minutes each day though so I know Im still alive. Cant quit all together.
The e16 sample that I put up on my site was my step sons band when they where together.
Protect your ears boys cause hearing aids start at 2000.00 a pair and are no fun at all. :rolleyes:

Herm said:
I cant play anymore except to mess around here with drummers headphones on cause I have lost about 65% of my hearing and have nerve damage in my arm from playing for 35 years. So its just me and once in a while I will record some friends or jam with a couple of buddies of mine. I still practice for a few minutes each day though so I know Im still alive. Cant quit all together.
The e16 sample that I put up on my site was my step sons band when they where together.
Protect your ears boys cause hearing aids start at 2000.00 a pair and are no fun at all. :rolleyes:
geeeeeeeeeee! man. :( :( :( :(
I don't know what to say, 'cept... you've made me sad. Arghhh, what a life. I try to keep saying to myself: "Life is beautiful ..no matter what". Does it help? Actually it does from time to time.
anyhow.... best to you and stuff

arghhh, Regards to your step son! :)
I've got step daughter, btw ... she'll be outa'college in a year. :p

...life is beautiful, you see :)

/respects

Well I dont really have anything to complain about. I played alot of gigs and had alot of fun. It was time to start staying at home on the weekends anyway. Being a drummer besides my hearing it got pretty hard to beat the crap out of a drum set every weekend and tear down gear. When you get to your 50,s drumming can take its tole on you pretty fast.

That's cool Dr Zee. I'm not sure what to think of his obsession. How it seems he built a a perfect cubicle for each deck. :D

Those collections are utterly amazing!

... and I thought I had a problem!!

Notice, all those decks are kept literally under glass!

I think this is the cliched picture of the out-of-control collector who's buying up tons of great gear, and then keeping it under glass. This is a reviled type of collector, among home recording circles. I know, and I've been accused of being just that,... but trust me,... I'm not that!

This is the type of guy that some people whine about taking "good gear out of hungry musician's hands", for the likes of a "museum collection".
Eh, Outlaws? :eek:

I think I would like to have his budget to work with. You might see a few more tascams here at my place. ;)

Q: I think you mean--tape deck otomy. removal....
A: Ok, but the what about 'Appendec-tomy' = (removal of the appendix) :)
:rolleyes:

Well, he's got me beat in the tape deck department. I don't feel so sick now...but I'd still like to have all those decks. :p

Yeah, I saw that and found it kinda disturbing, especially that he displayed them like trophies and nothing else. :eek:

~Daniel

Tape-deck-tomy.

At least he's trying to have a sense of humor about it.;) His wife probably threatened divorce!;)

None of that stuff behind glass looks like it's set up to use, but maybe he gets them down in rotation to play, now & then.

Out of all that gear, he's keeping a TEAC X-2000R, and a couple of others. That says a lot about the X-2000R.

Y'gotta admit, that ebay guy has a very impressive collection of reels and cassettes, but I don't think he'll get any bids at those asking prices. He's probably better off piecing the collection out.

Is is a sign of mental illness? Yes, to a certain degree, but he freely admits that and is trying to do something about it! It compounds the issue when you can reasonably assume that no one will bid on those listings. He'll put on a front of trying to rid himself of his excess gear, and he'll end up stuck with it, anyway. Just watch what happens. You heard it here, first. ;)

Back