In the year 2125

acorec

Banned
Message on this BBS
04/30/2125

Can anyone here tell me how I can get that vintage digital sound from the 2000 recordings? I have this new TASCAM 96 track analog tape recorder and all I can get is that standard "warm" sound. I have tried everything and since Uli Behringer XXII has become the 10nth american president I can't buy any products except Behringer's analog equipment anymore. Please help! I need ICE!

Answer: I see you are using the standard analog tape machine like everyone else. As you know, digital was outlawed in the year 2100. That is a log time ago my friend. There was a time when digital ruled the world and the old stories have it that people actually recorded on things called "hardisks".
Yes,the old digital recordings were very "cold". Originally people hated the "cold" sound and wanted to warm it up using analog recording. Now these same people and their kin want that "cold" vintage digital sound. My advice is to try to buy those collectable old A/D and D/A converters and some of the museum pieces that Behringer used to make. These are pretty pricey and I personally got mine trading my 7 Neumann tube mics and a new Fostex 48 track 4" analog machine. What an idiot this guy was! I traded *even* for 1 Apogee A/D ans D/A converter and a Behringer digital pre-amp (2 channels of each!).

Go scrounging my friend because that good old brittle cold digital is not likely to return anytime soon!

Oh well, at least I don't have to suffer with that old fat warm analog sound from my TASCAM 96 track 8" tape deck as I found a box of old vintage hard drives to keep me in digital for years!

PS: Does anyone know how to bake a hard drive? I heard these things start shedding after a time.

Dated 6/28/2130

Question:

Can someone help me out here. I had those new digital ear implants that cost $30'000 and they sounded great for a while. Then I noticed this "harshness" to the sound. All of the frequencies sounded the same volume. My old analog ears were worn out but at least they sounded like normal hearing. I know that this appears to be impossible in this day and age but I swear I hear ...well, bits. Bits of music. And, well, distortion. Especially in noisy areas. And the decay of reverb has no real trails to it....kinda well...unnatural..wierd...
Anyway, I was wondering if anyone was going to have these implants put in. I'm offering a slightly used pair, in trade...well, for your ANALOG ears. :D I'll even pay the doctor bill. Email me and we'll talk. Thanks
fitZ :p

RICK FITZPATRICK said:
Dated 6/28/2130

Question:

Can someone help me out here. I had those new digital ear implants that cost $30'000 and they sounded great for a while. Then I noticed this "harshness" to the sound. All of the frequencies sounded the same volume. My old analog ears were worn out but at least they sounded like normal hearing. I know that this appears to be impossible in this day and age but I swear I hear ...well, bits. Bits of music. And, well, distortion. Especially in noisy areas. And the decay of reverb has no real trails to it....kinda well...unnatural..wierd...
Anyway, I was wondering if anyone was going to have these implants put in. I'm offering a slightly used pair, in trade...well, for your ANALOG ears. :D I'll even pay the doctor bill. Email me and we'll talk. Thanks

Oh, You only spent $30,000? That's your problem right there. You need to spend a little more and upgrade your heart and your brain to digital and become an android like the rest of us. :D Pretty soon you'll be doing the macarena.

The government has politely informed me of impending new laws. As of 1/1/2026 no longer will we be able to legally HEAR. Information gathering via analog vibration sensoring analysis will be outlawed, as the new laws define what, and what will not be allowed to transfer to the brain. Information content will be supplied by the Office of Homeland Security via digital broadcast and will be received by the brain via antenea implant. All ANALOG vibration sensors used to sample airborn propagation must be removed by 6/1/2026 with surgical implant achieved by 12/30/2026. So, I guess I'll have to recind my offer to trade. Makes no sense. Neither does living. Of course, after the heart and brain alterations, you won't be. :rolleyes:

Back