Yamaha RM1608 Power Supply Voya

David Sosa

Hey there, I recently stumbled upon a GREAT deal buying an Otari MX5050 and got a Yamaha Rm1608 in it for free. With the Mixer came the original Power supply (PW 1600) but, it didn't include the 10 PRONG CABLE that connects the PS to the board. I have looked far and wide for this cable on the internet and have had no luck. I called Yamaha and they don't make them anymore. Funny right?

Does anyone have a lead on getting ahold of these?

Help!!!!

If you would prefer to email go for it. Thanks!

It never ceases to amaze me how people can lose special interconnect cables like that. I don’t get it.

There’s a good chance you will need to fabricate or have a cable fabricated.

Sometimes you can unmount the chassis-mount connectors from the mixer frame and the power supply chassis and direct-connect them; sometimes there’s enough slack in the internal wiring. But then of course the power supply is *right* behind the mixer sometimes blocking access to input/output jacks.

I don’t know anything about the cable and connectors. Did you get a service manual with the console?

That would likely have the cable and connector specs.

I fairly quickly found a schematic for the PSU and you can just about make out the pin numbers, more searching could do better.

I doubt you will find the connectors so you might have to get creative with a 15way D sub (handy if there are redundant pins and you can use a 9pin?). You might find a suitable round connector?

N very B...do not, FFS short any of those supplies! The regulator circuits are complex DC coupled, discrete HELL! I doubt you could fix a blow up.

Other than that there just seems to be the usual swaddling? Juice for chips, juice for spooks, lamp power.

Dave.

Attachments

• RM24PWR1.jpg
    RM24PWR1.jpg
    89.2 KB · Views: 21
Back