Yamaha CMX III 4-track

ojd

This machine arrived few days ago. When I powered it on, the screen was dead (levels + rec leds), so i phoned the seller. He said to open it and check LCD wires. I made screen to work, but when assembling the thing back, I've short-circuited something on the LCD PCB, and the transport (play, FF, RW, rec+play) is no longer working :facepalm:
I transport part + LCD is very similar to tascam 424 or any similar 4 track with no direct mechanical transport (like 414). I'll send the unit for the repairs soon, but i want to know is it repairable? The unit is much more hi-fi than my tascam 414 (which is very road-worthy piece of gear, never fails)
Can it be replaced with 424 "brain", mixer and motor parts are still 100 % working

This machine arrived few days ago. When I powered it on, the screen was dead (levels + rec leds), so i phoned the seller. He said to open it and check LCD wires. I made screen to work, but when assembling the thing back, I've short-circuited something on the LCD PCB, and the transport (play, FF, RW, rec+play) is no longer working :facepalm:
I transport part + LCD is very similar to tascam 424 or any similar 4 track with no direct mechanical transport (like 414). I'll send the unit for the repairs soon, but i want to know is it repairable? The unit is much more hi-fi than my tascam 414 (which is very road-worthy piece of gear, never fails)
Can it be replaced with 424 "brain", mixer and motor parts are still 100 % working

UPDATE! It was blown transformer after all. Everything is 100% working now

Back