Will somebody put my digital mixes to tape for $?

jay Burd

Hey There!

I've got a new project roughly 35 minutes of music recorded digitaly that needs some tape saturation. I typically do this with my tascam 22-2 but its a little wacky at the moment and i need to have the record finished sooner than it will take to fix my reel to reel.

anyone interested in taking my stereo digital mixes and recording them moderatly hot onto thier tape machine and then back to digital for me? I can handle mastering after that.

we can talk more details if your intersted but i love my tape staruation! musc is drums/bass/electric guitars/acustic guitars/ some piano/ garage/ rock style.

or can anyone recomend an online service that does this type of thing?

thanks!
J

ps ill give you credit on the record ;)

Last edited:
My advice to you would be to just get a saturation plugin and/or tape plugin, and go with that, since you will have more control about the type of sound you want, whereas having someone else guestimate how much saturation and type of sound will end up being a lot of back-n-forth, and possibly not the results you want.

Also...with the plugins you don't have to suffer any generation loss by going through two D/A - A/D conversions.
Ideally, you should do the tape thing first, then dump to digital.

Anyway, here some plugs that will do what you want, and they are free fully functional demos for two weeks:

Brainworx bx_saturator V2 - Plugin Alliance

SPL TwinTube - Plugin Alliance

Either (or both) of those will do a better job than the 22-2 will, IMHO.

Waves is also running their summer sale right now...plus they offer 1 week demos...though IMO, for just a demo purpose, the registration & installation with Waves can be a bit more involved....whereas the Plugin Alliance stuff is 1-2-3.
(I have tons of plugs from both PA and Waves, so I speak from hands-on experience with them).

Back