Will Analog Multitracks ever be made again?

Will Analog Multitracks ever be made again?

• Total voters
Who's "sweatbeats"? :confused:

Sweat beats...sounds kind of...raunchy.

EZ you okay? Thinkin' about that blonde and the puppy?

Watcha Talkin' 'Bout Willis? ............................... :D

Attachments

• x21lbwjlcnmub2xkagvhzhmuy29txzm0mdg5otc5x3zpzgvvlm1wnf8xxzeynda5oda5mtuuntc2mq==1.jpg
    x21lbwjlcnmub2xkagvhzhmuy29txzm0mdg5otc5x3zpzgvvlm1wnf8xxzeynda5oda5mtuuntc2mq==1.jpg
    10.6 KB · Views: 114
It's nearly 2010.........

Who knew that Vinyl Records were to make a comeback, while CD sales would be down? Who knew that brand new turntables were still being made and sold, many models and prices to choose from, some as high as into the many thousands? Who knew that there would be a resurgence in open reel tape and that 2 manufacturers currently exist with the word that another (Quantegy) will enter into the market again? Anything is possible.

I will say though, that I do not see anything new coming out but rather, if anything is to happen, that current companies will jump into the analogue multitrack business with proven & popular designs. TEAC / TASCAM comes immediately to mind.

Heck, why not offer up a couple of popular models, a TASCAM 34B and 388, for instance and build it upon a "you pay a deposit and we'll make you one" philosophy or something similar? You're simply not going to get any better (quality for the price) then a TEAC. Period.

just need to make a reel to reel with a digital control and looping capabilities.......oh yeah, my 80-8 has that from like the 80s.........
not from the factory though..........

Don't mind EZ. No one seriously involved in music for any length of time is actually that out of touch to think this forum is the last remnant of analog.

His Indian name is, "He that yank chain." Has to be, unless something bad happen to him that I don't know about... head injury, drugs, he doesn’t get out anymore, something like that.

EXACTLY - that is correct. make sure to tell everyone you know about the superiority of digital recording as well. also, combo organs are not worth anything either. especially vox organs. digital has pretty much improved upon analog accross the board with the nord electro. if you or your friends happen to come accross tape machines, old dirty keyboards or any of these useless monstrosities (why on earth did they make them so big and inconvenient?!?!), send me an email and i will make sure that they are disposed of properly in a way that is not hazardous to the environment (after all, they also contain POISON in the circuits).

Yeah, digital pianos and drum machines sound better too..... also digital consoles. Throw out all those crappy Neoteks and Tridents in the trash.. please.

lol. i've been playing music for 30 years you idiot.

So? It that meant to have some significance?

Boy, I've been playing for 47 years and the cold hard fact is that it is totally irrelevant to anyone other than myself...................now why don't you go back and play with the other children at A&A...............I'm sure Ed needs someone to stroke his ego;)

:cool:

Ez

Hey EZ, would you mind making a few posts about how terrible the Boss VB-2 analog vibrato pedal is? Ebay prices are sky high and it would be nice to have a few negative reviews floating around to bring them down a bit.

Thanks.

PS: Could you please make fun of these ones too: Mutron Bi-phase, Binson Echorec, Ampex 351 mic preamp, Vox Continental organ, and Gates Sta-Level compressors.

THANKS AGAIN.

-Cobb

Hey EZ, would you mind making a few posts about how terrible the Boss VB-2 analog vibrato pedal is? Ebay prices are sky high and it would be nice to have a few negative reviews floating around to bring them down a bit.

Thanks.

PS: Could you please make fun of these ones too: Mutron Bi-phase, Binson Echorec, Ampex 351 mic preamp, Vox Continental organ, and Gates Sta-Level compressors.

THANKS AGAIN.

-Cobb

before i address your specific concerns, let me suggest that you change your username to The Mediocre Cobb. you'll NEVER achieve greatness with an attitude like that.

now: i didn't say that if it ain't digital it's a relic. I said that analog multitracks will never be manufactured again. as far as i can tell based on the title of this thread, the OP was asking for the opinions of the members of this board regarding the matter. i gave mine. if you don't like it, too fucking bad.

I still record with a guitar. a real one with strings that i have to pluck. same with a bass. i even have to set my drums up and mic 'em when i record my drums.

now it's your turn. you explain to me how the Boss VB-2 is an "analog" vibrato pedal, and give me your review of how this compares to an echoplex.

..................now why don't you go back and play with the other children at A&A...............I'm sure Ed needs someone to stroke his ego;)

:cool:

ed posts at A&A about 3 times/year you dipshit. why don't you go back to RP where you and roman can stroke each other off.

Back