Where are they now? Who's left?

RFR

I got involved with HR forum for no other reason than this sectoin.

Whenever I'd google for info on analog stuff, it would lead to here.

Recently, sweetbeats has all but departed, Beck is gone, and we almost lost the Ghost.

I've heard tales of what a great place this was.

So i guess in asking who's still here. A place like this is needed in my estimation.

:-)

Sweetbeats will be back eventually but he's working out some other issues right now that take up a lot of his attention. Be patient. He's definitely written and posted enough here to last several lifetimes, so please feel free to go back and read some of his threads if you're hankering for his wisdom! I did hear from him privately a short time ago and is how I know the inside dirt which will remain inside. ;)

And of course, I'm here daily, ladies and germs. Don't forget to try the roast beast! :D

Cheers! :)

Well, thank God, or the lizard people, that you are still here!:thumbs up:

I knew that sweetbeats had some things keeping him away. Let it be known that I appreciate all you folks and the wealth of knowledge you all freely share.

Maybe, Im bored, or maybe I'm concerned, but I have very much interest in the art of analog recording staying alive as long as possible.

Hell, it would be cool if it had a major resurgence.

The people interested and knowledgeable in it will keep it alive

Yeah, I have no idea what happened to Beck. You can't even click on him anymore, which seems a bit shady :\ I'll admit, it does seem like a lesser place without the real wise men around...

Still, I think this part of Home Recording started up after people emigrated from the Tascam forums, so one way or another, people keep the spirit alive. I just wish I knew what I was talking about, but I'm still technically a n00b I guess.

Here... :)

There are still a lot of guys around here...but we have to accept the fact that analog and especially tape recording is fading away, and especially at the home rec level, because it requires more effort to get an analog/tape rig going than it does a digital "all-in-one" rig.

There's been guys who dove in not too long ago, bought small consoles, bought tape decks, cam in here all excited....and then either due to equipment issues (almost all tape gear is "vintage" at this point) or because of learning curves or the need for too much hands-on mechanics involved to get this set up....they've faded away. I can think of a few.

AFA sweetbeats...we know that his personal world forced his had.

Beck....mmmm...I think the last thing he said was that he's meeting with his legal team.
;)
I dunno...he got into it with some folks on HR, got banned...and I don't think he'll be back.
I got the feeling he was looking for a reason to quit HR.

Other than that...like I said...still a lot of folks around. It's just not a bed of daily activity...but honestly, older forums everyone on the internet or in that slow-down phase. Look at the other forums on HR...only 2-3 have any serious activity, regularly...the rest are sporadic.

Well, good you are still here, but I already knew that:D

Hell, I even talk to you once in a while.

It would be nice to see more of Dave, (Davemania, a reel person). That d00d's owned at least 2 of every piece Tascam ever made! :)

What's up, Dave?! :D

I still check the forum once a week, if not daily. So much of what I need help with these days has been covered in the archives. I still re-read some of my old posts and learn more new stuff from the responses. Such a treasure trove here. Hardly a day goes by where I'm not listening to a new song posted in the analog recordings section or downloading a new image from Ghost.

I wish I could offer more help to other posters but I don't often think I have something valuable to add...

I'm still here fairly regularly, although I'm more often on the learning side than the spreading wisdom side. I might even be here more in the near future as I now have another Fostex 80 on the way (first one was returned). This one was supposedly "maintained like an exotic sports car and runs like one too." It came with an MRL calibration tape, two 8-channel snakes, a 4050 auto locator/timecode generator (with cable!), all manuals, the original Fostex take-up reel, and a new reel of Ampex 457. I spoke with the guy privately and grilled him about the machine. If this one turns out to be a dud, then I'll be staying away from R2Rs on ebay for good and limit my search only to craigslist I guess.

RFR, I know your feeling on Fostex machines, and I really wish I could afford a Tascam (much less an Otari), but it's just not in the cards right now --- at least not for one that's issue free and ready to go.

I check in just about every day. If I see a question that I can offer some help with I usually dive in.

Its fun to help out, for me.

I go through cycles of visiting regularly and then not visiting for a bit. But I'm still interested.

Glad to see people still coming by to visit.
Need to keep this section alive!

@j harv you need to get sorted out uploading, wanna hear some stuff.

And the answer to that is "42".
Huh? What the hell does that mean? 42 people left?

Glad to see people still coming by to visit.
Need to keep this section alive!

@j harv you need to get sorted out uploading, wanna hear some stuff.

Huh? What the hell does that mean? 42 people left?

You've been culturally deprived. "42" is the answer to life, the universe, everything.

Oh nice!

Or it could mean an age some of us wish we still were:-)

Edit:
Ps. God bless your photoshop skills. You make the gear look so nice. Many wish they could purchase vintage gear as clean as your pics.

Oh nice!

Or it could mean an age some of us wish we still were:-)

Edit:
Ps. God bless your photoshop skills. You make the gear look so nice. Many wish they could purchase vintage gear as clean as your pics.

Thanks! :)

A lot of that clean gear is still out there but most owners never bother to scrub off the dirt or take proper pictures of their stuff! :(

I just try to do what should have been done in the first place. :D

Back