What Tape for Pioneer Model RT-707 :)

skiscem

Hi there!,
Im a newbie on analog recording, but i really want to learn...
i can get a Pioneer Model RT-707 for an excellent price, for what ive read, thats a good piece of gear to start off.
Well, my question is, Where can i get the tape for the RT-707 , what kind of tape etc etc, all info about it would help me alot... i dont really know anything about analog recording..
Thanks!

Welcome!

Someone correct me if I'm wrong, but I think you'll need to use RMGI LPR35. Most tape recorders of that era (mid-late 1970s to early 1980s) are spec'd for 1.0mil tape. Other varieties of commercially-available tape today are thicker, and will be too thick for your deck to handle.

I personally recommend US Recording Media as my tape vendor of choice. Check them out here

Welcome!

Someone correct me if I'm wrong, but I think you'll need to use RMGI LPR35. Most tape recorders of that era (mid-late 1970s to early 1980s) are spec'd for 1.0mil tape. Other varieties of commercially-available tape today are thicker, and will be too thick for your deck to handle.

I personally recommend US Recording Media as my tape vendor of choice. Check them out here

I think you are correct. I'm not sure if the reel motors in the 707 are as beefy as the one in a 909. I guess in the near future I'll find out for myself.:D

You can use either 1.5 or 1.0 thick tapes.

To use "old" tapes, go for Maxell UD or XLI, TDK Audua or Basf LP35.

Back