Vinyl pressing

I am hoping to have my recordings pressed on vinyl. Can anyone recommend a good pressing company? I am in the UK but would consider a company based anywhere in the world.

Any general tips/advice from those who have had their music pressed on vinyl (particularly album-length) would also be appreciated.

Bloodbone said:
There is a company that still does it,but I can't recall who they are.
I bet you could Google an answer.
There are many companies that still do it but I was hoping someone would be able to recommend one from their own experience.

I suggest you read whatever you can about the vinyl pressing process, there's a lot of info on the web. Vinyl pressing is becoming a lost art, and I mean that literally - it is an art form. So much goes into the vinyl mastering process, filtering out the bass at specific frequencies, channel mixing, and everything else, that it can really screw up the sound. I'd be very cautious of whom you choose and make sure you hear samples of his or her previous work.

-MD

musicdavid said:
I am hoping to have my recordings pressed on vinyl. Can anyone recommend a good pressing company? I am in the UK but would consider a company based anywhere in the world.

Any general tips/advice from those who have had their music pressed on vinyl (particularly album-length) would also be appreciated.

I have a bunch of links at my del.icio.us site:
http://del.icio.us/citizenkeith/vinyl

Scroll down a bit and you'll start finding many links to pressing and mastering companies.

Back