Tsr-8 and Msr-16-- do they have same reel table assy?

Easy-out

hey Im dealing with a wobbly reel on my TSR-8 and finding a replacement reel table seems to be difficult, does anyone know if the reel tables on a Msr-16 are the same as on the Tsr-8? actually kinda new to owning a tape machine and im curious if the wobbly reel issue on the Tsr is a common issue? any input appreciated

How much is it wobbling? My TSR-8s tend to do that a bit anyway. I've heard that you can also use a BR20 reel table, but it has to be modified first as it's about 1/4" longer than the TSR-8 reel table.

Hey jp Morris I'm the original poster just forgot password had to create new account, wobbles enough for a rubbing sound on tape, turns out guy I bought it from he said he dropped it on its face and because he recorded metal bands live he was never bothered by rubbing sound, I've replaced both reel table adapters, after market from Germany, and still does it thinking spindle coming from motor might be bent, which ironically since my original post I'm having rewind issues on that side (take up side) so a motor replacement might be coming soon, I'd like to make sure it's the motor causing rewind issues first

Back