Is there some kind of tape deck that writes and reads rather than having to rewind.,

Well crap, this thread deteriorated fast.
Frankly I don't see how Miro did anything to insult the OP. The OP seems to have thrown the 1st stone.

I have to say this though, this concept of only coming to a forum every 5 years bothers me. Forums are a community for giving and sharing info. Only coming on board every once in a while seems like a one way "taker" kind of mentality. To me anyway.

I personally wish you would mend fences, and become a contributing member.

If not, I don't know how you will be welcomed upon your return a few years down the road.

Yup...I got it...but the offset is based on the quality/stability of the tape mechanics.
If you do that more than once, all those tracks then have to be in sync. Your assumption then is that the tape deck will always fluctuate the same on ever track...which isn't always the case, and you end up moving one track one way, only to find out the other track needs to go the other way...etc...etc.
He does also at some point mention "bouncing tracks" which to me implies multiple passes.
This is why the "poor man's CLASP" works only sometimes and up to a point. The real CLASP system is employing a full synchronization setup.

umm modern daws have audio quantize now days.

Also it was the way you said it that implied you are all high and mighty which you are "quote how long you've been on the forums"

It's too bad your sheep fanboys are just as blind.

Lucian Out.

Well crap, this thread deteriorated fast.
Frankly I don't see how Miro did anything to insult the OP. The OP seems to have thrown the 1st stone.

When he wrote - How about instead of being an elitist and saying "you're stupid" ...I went back and reread my original post two times, and tried to see where I said/did any of that...
...but from that point on, he just wanted to keep whining about the same thing and the whole YouTube things. :facepalm:

I'll be honest...I'm starting to have a real problem with forum newbs who show up, post some question for the first time...and the minute someone provides an answer that alters and/or interferes with their initial expectations, they get all upset and start arguing back at you and then question your perspectives...even though they are the ones who came looking for answers out of ignorance.

umm modern daws have audio quantize now days.

:laughings:

Right there...you should stop and say no more.
If you think audio quantize is the solution to bounced tape tracks...then let's not even talk about recording any more.
Go make some beats or something...audio quantize works great for that.

Also...remember, YOU are the one that wanted to question my knowledge and my "credits"...so don't get upset 'cuz I said I've been on the forums long enough not to need to provide that to every newb.

Look I'm gonna help you out anyway...'cuz I think you're just confused about the whole tape/distortion thing.
Do yourself a favor and just go buy one of the many saturation/distortion plugs...that will work a lot better for where your head is at.

Yep. PSP Vintage Warmer has worked okay for me in the rare cases I needed that kind of thing.

Right.
Even though I'm tracking to a 2" tape deck for all my stuff...I really DON'T look to the tape deck for any serious saturation/distortion....especially when I got a bunch of plugs that can all do it easily...and it's just as easily undoable with the click of a mouse. :)

Back