TEAC reel table replacement

I can't find the part numebr in the service manual I have for the 2300/3300. The reel table is part # 55000752 in the 4300 sm. I can pm you the pdf files, or you can get both these manuals at hi-fi engine.

A guy who is selling several reel tables said the 2300 table would probably fit. He said TEAC didn't make very many variations of the reel tables. I popped it off and compared it to his photos. I think he's right. I'll get the other manuals from Hi Fi Engine and see if I can verify it. Thanks! :)

diggy_dude,
Please contact me at the phone number you received. I'm having a hard time sending you a PM in answer to your request.
Thank you.

Don't get too hung up on the part number variations...Teac/Tascam often changed part numbers between models even if it was the same part/assembly. I discovered this with the amp cards on the Tascam 58 and the Tascam MS-16...they are identical, but the parts numbers are not exactly the same.

@jblmar:

I haven't been able to get to the post office yet. I had a bad motorcycle accident last week and am still recuperating. I'll give you a call in the next few days.

@sweetbeats:

Perhaps not relevant to anyone here, but... the 2300S table fits the 4300SX, but it has a smaller diameter.

reel tables

Does anyone know if an A-2300S reel table would fit an A-4300SX? Thanks!

Yes. Most of the 7" decks of that design used the same hubs/tables. The hub bore is 6mm as opposed to 8mm. The top of the hub is machined round. The table has a cast in matching deep socket with a spring in between the hub and table. One screw next to the spindle for height adjustment. The spring holds the height.

Back