Teac RC-120 : What decks does it work for??

Trovador98

Hola amigos,

I was given a pristine Teac RC-120. I was hopeful that it would work with my Tascam 388, but I guess I need the RC-70 or 71.

Any advice as to which Teac and/or Tascam tape decks this thing is compatible with?

Thank you
Brian

Functionally the RC-120 would likely work with the 388, but the connector on the RC-120 is completely different from the RC-70/RC-71 connector, which is indeed what is needed for the 388. You won't find that connector in order to modify the RC-120 remote to work with the 388, unfortunately.

I made an RC for my 3440 some years ago but try as I might I could not find the 12 pin rectangular plug for it. I kludged the job with some 30mm panel pins. N.B. There are TWO (at least) Teac RC schematics about the net. Make dead, bang sure you have the right one for your machine.

I have posted on forums AD FLIPPING N! But in 4+ years I have never had a bite. It was my intention to caste the pins in epoxy but musician son who LUUURVED the 'tape sound' buggered off to France so it sits, unfriended and unfinished. Did work fine tho!

I had also sourced some transparent leader and proper sticky tape and an editing block. Got as far as putting clear leaders top and tail of a few reels but never got around to making the optical stop device planned. You really need this when the TR is out of reach!

I would STILL like to buy a plug and any reasonable sum will be found.

Dave.

Back