Teac model 2 mixer..

hammerofhathor

I'm posting in the analog section because this mixer is to be used with the Teac 4 track machines...

I picked up a Teac model 2 mixer, to use with my 3340 machine while my Soundcraft board was being repaired.

Now I've seen people talk about the model 2A mixer, but what about the model 2? The only thing I see about the model 2 is that someone says its crappy, is the 2A an improvement somehow?

I'm getting the Soundcraft back this week, but I wonder if its worth keeping the Teac mixer around. I haven't had much of a chance to use it, so I'm posting here for opinions on this model.!

Thanks

mark

I'd keep it. It's not like you're gonna get much for it and it's always handy to have a second mixer around for emergency back up or sub-mixes to add extra channels or even something you don't mind hauling around for location stuff.

The difference between the 2 and the 2A was that the 2A had bass and treble controls on each of the input strips. Beyond that, they were essentially the same mixer.

"crappy" is a bit of a harsh one word review for the model 2. Extremely basic, lacking in balanced Mic inputs and phantom power, would probably be more accurate.

And like Lt Bob said, it could still be useful for certain auxiliary uses.

Cheers! :)

Yes...very basic is the Model 2. I've heard reports that they were also noisy, but that is a relatively isolated internet opinion so YMMV and all that.

Hey, its a nifty analog VU meter set if nothing else and, like was said above could be handy as a cue mixer if needed.

meter bridge

Yeah, I don't have the nice old meter bridge with VU's, wish I did, then I could actually use headphones with the sucker!

mark

Back