teac a-7030 gsl

dragnalus

I have been made an offer for the above machine ($250 +shipping), but don't know a great deal about it and haven't had much luck with yahoo. I'm looking to buy an at least semi-pro quality 2 track deck, and i've also been offered a tascam 32 at about the same price. Any info is appreciated.

I have an old A-7010. It's an OK unit. If I were looking for a good reel to reel two track, I'd be on the look out for an old Revox or Scully or something. Just MHO.

i'm on the lookout for pretty much everything. my only constraints are that i don't have an assload of cash to spend right now (maybe $350 tops) and i don't have a ton of room (living in an apartment and probably moving soon), so i don't think a console unit or one built into a roll around cart or cabinet is really an option right now. i would love to have a revox pr99, but everyone i've seen has gone up to $4-500. i'm really interested in the otari mx5050 units, because i really don't think i could accommodate anything larger right now. also....how much of an issue are balanced I/O as far as sound quality?

I'd imagine it would only be an issue with long cable runs. If your plumbing isn't going to be over 10' or so, I don't think there would be a difference.

well, i just got an ampex atr-700 off of ebay for $225, which is based on the 7030 i think. it doesn't come with hub adaptors though, so i'll be needing to purchase some. do you if the adaptors need to be ampex brand, or should they just be for 1/4" tape?

Back