Teac 3440 new or N.O.S. parts availability

jviss

Has anyone gone through the trouble recently of finding out what new or NOS parts are available for this deck?

I called Tascam in New Jersey last week, and the still sell new pinch rollers, 'though they were backordered at the time; while the pinch roller cap was no longer available. I think they have belts, too.

I'd like:
  • lifter arms
  • heads! (I know where to get the record adn playback, but can't find an erase head)
  • tension arms (basicaly, all of the wear items)

Thanks,

jv

3440 Parts

Hi, I have a heap of parts for your 3440 including the parts you are looking for. The only thing is im in Australia but im sure we can work something out. If you need any more parts, i may have them.

If there's any left overs for me, I'd be interested in the back (round) legs.

See here:
https://homerecording.com/bbs/showthread.php?t=296579

:)

I was just rummaging through one of my parts bins and came across a couple of larger round rubber feet that came off of something other then a TASCAM deck. I believe they were from a speaker cabinet but I'm not sure? Anyway, they measure 7/8th of an inch high or 22mm and have a diameter of 1.25 inches and taper slightly inward at the bottom...conical shaped, like the TASCAM foot. If these dimensions work for you, I can include them in the package I have prepared for you, as there is just enough room in that box to squeeze them in. No extra charge! :cool:

The TASCAM feet are a hard plastic and these are a hard rubber and black in color. They also have a steel insert so that when they're screwed down, the screw won't damage the rubber.

Let me know if that would work for you.

Cheers! :)

I can include them in the package I have prepared for you, as there is just enough room in that box to squeeze them in. No extra charge! :cool:

Jeff, thanks for the offer but I'll try to source the originals instead. :)

I don't know if this will help but you might want to try the California office.

Yup, they do have lots of parts but here in Canada I have to deal with TEAC Canada as the US office doesn't ship outside of the states. Thanks.

Back