Teac A-2340sx ?

Herm

I have a teac 2340 I have had for quite a long time and I do not have the manual for it.
I was wondering if any of you could tell me what the proper tape is for it and how do I use the Record eq and bias switches. And are they related to the type of tape you are going to use. Thanks for the help.

Herm, I have a 2340R and manual, which should be similar to the 2340SX.
The manual is kinda general, but suggests the following tapes for
HIGH BIAS USE: SCOTCH 203, BASF LP-35-lh, SONY SLH-550
for NORMAL BIAS: SCOTCH 150, BASF LP-35, AGFA PE-31, and SONY S-100.

I suppose you could look up the requirements/ specs on those tapes and figure out the BIAS levels.

Considering where you live, I guess you would use "Normal" Bias...(hehehe)

technoplayer said:
Herm, ...

Considering where you live, I guess you would use "Normal" Bias...(hehehe)

LOL...heh heh :D .... good one ;)

technoplayer said:
The manual is kinda general, but suggests the following tapes for
HIGH BIAS USE: SCOTCH 203, BASF LP-35-lh, SONY SLH-550
for NORMAL BIAS: SCOTCH 150, BASF LP-35, AGFA PE-31, and SONY S-100.
Yep... that's how 'these' manuals are ...:) ... or were, so I may say this:
Considering when you live, I guess you would not use any of the mentioned tapes... :p

I had original manual and color brochure for my A-4300sx - printed in JAPAN in perfect shape :) .... it was full of "useful instructions" ;) so I've sold it on e-bay for 35 bucks ....went to some true collector :D
So the way I dealt with bias/eq switches was: load Quantegy .... start recording something, set output to 'Tape' - start switching bias/eq and A/B Source/Tape ... then use 'the best sounding' combination of bias/eq.
That's a dummy's way, of course, but worked well for me , in my case - that is a usual way, I must add ... ...heh heh

Back