TASCAM Wallpaper

^ My pleasure, SV.

Next up: a return to the earlier days when only Dolby B noise reduction was available for consumer tape decks, a number of companies offered up alternative systems, with dbx easily being the most popular. But there were other companies out there with their own ideas. Nakamichi had their High Com system which I believe was co-developed with Toshiba and then there was this next unit from Phase Linear, which I think was the hands down sexiest unit out there called the Model 1000 Mk II. This unit also incorporated a dynamic range expander which they no doubt added in to compete against dbx who was the industry leader of that technology.

Anyway, here's the Phase Linear 1000 Mk II...

View attachment 92157

right click to download...

Cheers! :)

^ Thanks!

Next up, an extremely rare item from Teac! Found out about this unit a couple of years ago but could never find anything larger then a pint sized image of one but decided today that that wasn't going to stop me from drawing one up in Photoshop using a bunch of other knobs, switches, feet, buttons, textures and other bits and pieces I had sitting on my gear photo repository of over 4000 images of all these various do-dads!

So without further ado, here's the web's best and only higher resolution image of the TEAC AX-300, 6 channel mixer, designed along the same lines as the AN-300 4 channel Dolby unit that I covered a while back.

View attachment 92166

This Thread has my vote for best Sticky ever!!! :)

Thanks Tim! :)

Speaking of sticky, what could be more appropriate then doing a wallpaper of the Rolls Royce of Isotemp Incubators? :D

This is what the Library of Congress uses to bake their tapes, made by Fisher Scientific. In a world of $400 hammers and $3000 toilet seats, this beast fits in perfectly with that financial mindset!

View attachment 92186

Thanks Tim! :)

Speaking of sticky, what could be more appropriate then doing a wallpaper of the Rolls Royce of Isotemp Incubators? :D

This is what the Library of Congress uses to bake their tapes, made by Fisher Scientific. In a world of $400 hammers and $3000 toilet seats, this beast fits in perfectly with that financial mindset!

You're welcome. That's a pretty nice baking apparatus. If you want I'll send you a pic of my SnackMaster food dehydrator. It's the 1972 Ford Pinto of Isotemp Incubators. Haha :D

Did a Frankenstein render of the Tascam 122 Mk II a couple years back and found some newer pics on the web that I was able to stitch together to come up with something more "organic". I decided though to turn this new one into a Woody version, just to have something different to the look this time around...

View attachment 92249

sigh

I had one of those...they work with the 58 too. Had the RC-50 AND the full-function RC-51 remote for the 58 I used to have.

I've covered the Teac A-4010 reel to reel here as both a 4 track 4 channel and in its consumer version, auto reverse 4 track 2 channel but never gave their amp units a proper showcase on their own. So, here's the Teac RA-41, assembled from several different images...

View attachment 92375

Did a Frankenstein version of the MH-40 from Tascam a while back but it came out kind of hokey looking so I tried a redo this morning which I think is a bit better in terms of its believability of it being real...which it still isn't. ;)

View attachment 92390

A HUGE thank you goes out to evm1024 (Ethan) and his daughter who took a couple of shots of his TASCAM 58. Sadly, he's going to be selling it shortly and I asked him a couple of weeks back if he would be kind enough to take a picture of it for the wallpaper thread here because the only ones I've done of the 58 was a Frankenstein version and a top left view which Sweetbeats took a few years back when he owned this very same 58. Of all the pics Cory took of this deck when he owned it, there wasn't a single head-on shot of it in a fully assembled state. But there is one now! :)

View attachment 92406

Back