TASCAM Wallpaper

Hey everybody! Check out lo.fi.love's 48! That's awesome!

Thanks for working on those and putting them up. WOW! :eek:

Thanks and glad you liked them! :)

Next time you take a pic of your gear, put a big white sheet behind it as a backdrop! Cutting out those window blinds in the reels was murder! :eek::D

Cheers! :)

Ghost, will do. ;) I recognized that that must have been arduous when I saw that first pic of the 48...I didn't notice it at first but then I saw that little black semi-circle strip on the takup reel and I thought "oh my!"

Thanks for the entertainment, Jeff!

Hey ez, you crack me up...seriously. I'm not kidding...

One more attempt at the M520...

IMG_7924redosmall.jpg

...:eek:

Jeff...heheh...you are something else. I encourage the rooting around in my picture directories so this is really great. You are doing some really amazing things in there. The 58...that's from my directories? Is that...that must be the one I snapped before hauling the 58 up to Ethan...That's right. I didn't think I had any decent pics of the 58. You are doing wonders with these pictures. WOW!

I love the one of the 48 flanked by the oblique side views of the 48. Pure art IMHO. Those are all scaled down pics too...I've got the hi-res pics locally.

I did just copy a directory of native scale pics HERE though that might make good subject matter, though a departure from the Tascam theme...:rolleyes:

...:eek:

Jeff...heheh...you are something else. I encourage the rooting around in my picture directories so this is really great. You are doing some really amazing things in there. The 58...that's from my directories? Is that...that must be the one I snapped before hauling the 58 up to Ethan...That's right. I didn't think I had any decent pics of the 58. You are doing wonders with these pictures. WOW!

I love the one of the 48 flanked by the oblique side views of the 48. Pure art IMHO. Those are all scaled down pics too...I've got the hi-res pics locally.

I did just copy a directory of native scale pics HERE though that might make good subject matter, though a departure from the Tascam theme...:rolleyes:
Thanks man!

I wasn't sure if you'd mind me poking around in there but seeing as I found them through a google search, I wasn't actually sure if they were your shots until I came across the few that you linked to me higher up in this thread! :D

Then I figured, this must be sweetbeats site!? I mean who else would post 497 pictures of circuit boards! :p:D

So yeah, the 58 was from your files and was about the only decent picture where it didn't look like a gang-land shooting scene, with it's guts all hanging out like a shot up gang banger! :D

Anyway, I've got one more done that's much truer to your original, just polished up a wee bit...

IMG_9491_5_1smallII.jpg

I'll also take a boo through what you just posted and see what else there is in there to stir my creative juices!

Last edited:
LOL!!! :D:D

Yeah...I DO have a lot of pics reminiscent of the opening sequence to Saving Private Ryan...heh. :)

Jeff, the areas of spinning reel where the flang's holes are should not be 100% transparent. You need to create an opject of that area, fill it with color of the reel flange and then make that object (or layer) about 60-70% transparent. It still isn't going to be perfect (as for perfection you'd need to add noise or motion blur, but it would not be as bad as just "clear hole" :)
here's what I mean (the right reel was too much pita...with that thin area, I have no patience....), so you get the idea...

Attachments

• spining_reel.jpg
    spining_reel.jpg
    60 KB · Views: 340
Thanks Dr ZEE! That's a great tip! :cool:

I had been thinking that it still looked weird but was concentrating on the entire composition and missed that step! I'll try to do that in the future for sure! :)

And a redo of the one with the red background...

IMG_949748-smallII.jpg

It was actually easier the second time on this one as I just made a second copy of the deck, went into paint tools, picked the right color and opacity, roughly painted the area and then moved that layer one step backward and done!

My pictures are your pictures, Jeff...mess all ya want. You are entertaining these here masses of sick, twisted ecclectic and proud enthusiasts and we appreciate it!

Let me know if you run across a pic for which you'd like the full scale version, though you are doing wonderfully well with the scaled versions. ;)

My pictures are your pictures, Jeff...mess all ya want. You are entertaining these here masses of sick, twisted ecclectic and proud enthusiasts and we appreciate it!

Let me know if you run across a pic for which you'd like the full scale version, though you are doing wonderfully well with the scaled versions. ;)

Well...now that you mention it...:D

I'd love to see some full shots of the M___ mixer once that's finished and that ginormous Ampex MM1000 once it's done too! How much longer until those refurbishing jobs are complete?

Back