Tascam TSR-8... Mixer to match???

So far, the Toft is fine out of the box for most use. If you want more out of the master, you need the Jim Williams mod, which I will prob get somewhere down the line after warranty. The Toft needs to be a Rev 3. Gain staging is very key with this console.

I agree they are over-priced, but so are the new mid-market consoles (2-3 times the price of the Toft, less routing and channels). Even my Neve Centerpiece 5060 is over-priced also. But all the new stuff is. However, for me, adding it all up, it worked out much better and for less money than most new mid priced consoles (API, Trident, Neotek, etc).

Back to the OP though, the Tascam stuff has some great routing features. I liked those features on my M2600 and it was easy to work with the tape integration/cue mixes/returns/inline monitors, etc. I'm sure the 3500 has even more features/better quality that the 2600.

Yeah...I guess if you want "brand new" there's not a lot that's very affordable these days in consoles, mostly 'cuz the market for them is smaller on the home/project front. Almost everyone is using a DAW.
The only other option is the buy used higher-end stuff, and then deal with refurbishing as needed.
It's all down to individual needs and preferences.

Well...the OP is a lot closer to you, and your 2600 might be a good fit for him.

I drove 2,200 miles round trip to get my prototype Tascam console...but that was a unique opportunity and the owner was giving it to me. Still, it was a 2,200 mile drive for a non-functioning console. :eek: :D

WI to NY is indeed a long trek...but you’re not likely to find a console like that with the full meter bridge and the balancing kit from a known entity for that kind of money. That being said, patience...the right thing turns up in your neck of the woods eventually if you keep looking.

I didnt intend to sidetrack my thread with the Toft mention, but it has been the subject of my dreams for a while. Yes, I agree it is over-priced. And I too have heard reviews about some of the problems mentioned. But just its overall aesthetic. The clean and overall simple layout. The WOOD...
Anyways, back to the original topic.
I did once drive a 3 1/2 hour drive down to Chicago to my Grandmas house to meet a guy from Ohio I think to sell my old Tascam M-30. And I would also consider something like that if it was say the Tascam M-2516 and it was someone on here (Not ebay) and they were almost giving it away. But that probably wont happen. On the other hand, It is almost Christmas.

The WOOD...

The wood does it every time. :D

Same with my Trident....I only got if for the wood. ;)

Studio01.jpg

Back