Tascam Reel to Reel tech in LA

Wesleymino

Hi, my name is Wes, I have been lurking on this board for a few weeks while I was shopping for a new 8 track. It's a pleasure to be joining you now as a bona fide analog recordist, with my newly acquired (yesterday!) Tascam 388. Thanks to those of you who shared information on this deck in the past, you helped me to make the right choice, and I'm so happy to have one in my studio.

For those of you in the Los Angeles area, what places would you recommend to get this unit serviced? Mine is having trouble rewinding, it rewinds very slowly and then quits, usually after less than a minute. Play and fast forward work fine. It may be something I could fix myself, but I'm new to this machine and would rather take it in somewhere. Also the seller was very nice and told me he would pay to have the problem repaired, since it apparently worked fine before he shipped it to me, and the item was insured up to $200. Thanks in advance.

Try Digitron Electronics in Montebello (down the street from Tascam, good repairs but very slow) or if you want it quick, good but expensive, Adrian Pro Audio in Canoga Park.

Back